Business Development Manager - Lighting
Dyson Australia Sydney Australia was Dyson’s first export market outside Europe. Today, the top nine best-selling vacuums are Dyson and we regularly win design and customer satisfaction awards. Recently, with the growth of new categories, Dyson also became Australia’s number one small domestic appliance brand. But new territories, categories and challenges await. And to embrace these, Dyson Australia has expanded across three new sites across Sydney. Our HQ is in the regenerated Woolstores in Alexandria, reflecting our industrial heritage – a modern space that will help us bring Dyson technology to life for retailers and the media.
Professional (B2B) is commercial arm of the business where we sell the Airblade hand dryer and tap and launched the Jake Dyson Lighting in 2016. Airblade is predominately seen in public spaces e.g. commercial kitchens, public bathrooms, universities etc.
- Adopting the global specification strategy into an ANZ plan driving best in class execution
- Generating, developing & managing the specification sales pipeline in your region, delivering short-term revenue as well as developing a credible pipeline of projects spanning a longer sales cycle
- Managing lighting distributor relationships and growing the number of lighting distributor partners
- Supporting ANZ BDM’s to specify and sell lighting in all states and territories
- Development, communication and implementation of the ANZ specification strategy which is linked into Global specification strategy
- Increase specified sales and gather information on market and creative trends through activity such as pitches, specification campaigns and attending industry functions
- An excellent technical understanding of LED lighting and ability to speak fluently with lighting designers about a wide range of technical aspects of general lighting
- Familiarity with industry software programs such as DIALux
- A proven track record of driving specification revenue and profit growth in a well-regarded B2B business
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix management environment where internal stakeholder management, influencing and relationship building skills are vital to operating effectively and getting results
Dyson Australia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy an annual bonus, company vehicle and generous discounts on our latest technology. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realising ambition.