Business Intelligence Developer - Contractor
£Competitive Day rate
An inventive problem solver is needed to fill this important new role in our BI Team. The successful candidate will be an analytical thinker, with a track record of finding creative solutions to challenging data problems. The role will support all stages of the software development lifecycle for a diverse range of projects, differing in; domain, maturity, size and complexity, and the level of BI Team involvement.
Building our analytical capabilities is a core pillar of Dyson's new global data strategy. As more consumers engage with Dyson, via more types of products, and across more markets, the volumes of data will greatly increase. Understanding how to use this data to improve everything from customer experiences to product development will be key to Dyson's success.
This roll will report to the Development Manager, and sits within the Global Data and Analytics team. This team is tasked with ensuring that the various parts of Dyson's business are able to leverage rich, accurate, and timely data to generate insights and make better decisions. Sitting in IT, the team has the resources and the remit to keep up with Dyson's impressive global growth.
• Work with Business Analysts, Data Analysts and Business Users to gather business requirements
• Translate requirements into prototypes, technical specifications and design documents
• Work with DBAs to help define hardware requirements and sizing
• Develop, Test and Deploy solutions using full SQL Server stack
• Provide BI expertise to other teams within IT as well as Data Analysts and End Users throughout the business
• Perform ad-hoc data analysis and reporting when required
• Help define and uphold best practices and standards
• Solid experience on SQL Server BI projects.
• Significant proven expertise in developing T-SQL on SQL Server 2008 R2 or above
• Experience of both normalised relational and dimensional data modelling methodologies
• Significant proven experience with SSIS including development of full DW ETL Solutions
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.