Business Intelligence and Reporting Manager
Salary will be based upon experience and credentials.
Chicago, IL USA
As the Business Intelligence and Reporting Manager, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of Dyson by providing strategic direction to leaders regarding metrics, intelligence gathering, and reporting. Beyond leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications, you will ensure that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision-making capabilities.
Dyson is a global technology company headquartered in Malmesbury, UK. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different. We're about better ideas and better technologies, to solve the problems that others often ignore.
Dyson has over 25 years of experience and expertise in whole machine HEPA filtration and filter media and has its own in-house microbiology lab. Armed with the sort of equipment usually associated with hospital laboratories, Dyson’s two microbiology laboratories offer new research and support to the engineering project teams to develop hygienic purification devices.
Global R&D continues apace, with Dyson developing ambitious new technologies including power systems, motors, vision systems, filtration systems, robotics, machine learning, and AI. It is bringing this powerful combination together into new and existing products, focusing global expertise at key locations in Singapore, UK and China.
For a Dyson machine to be successful, it requires rigorous commercial consideration. From the first prototype, to beyond its unboxing. Our strong financial planning and operations are what take Dyson ideas beyond the labs of RDD, onto shelves, and into the homes of our owners across the world. Forecasting, allocating and auditing our resources without ever compromising the integrity and entrepreneurial spirit that defines our business. And with a 25-year pipeline of future Dyson machines on the horizon, all our Finance teams are set to play a crucial role in delivering every single one
On a day-to-day basis, you will work with cross-functional stakeholders to convert business questions and high-level data collection needs into well-specified analyses and reporting requirements. This will require close collaboration with sales & marketing managers, executives, and data scientists, all of whom have questions and data needs that demand new approaches to data collection and documentation. It also means working hand-in-hand with IT to ensure that data collection requirements are well-specified, properly implemented and activities are appropriately logged.
- Support informed decision-making throughout the company by ensuring high data quality & integrity, building reports & dashboards, and conducting analyses on warehoused historical data.
- Manage a team of analysts and partner closely with IT to facilitate business intelligence processes and procedures development & implementation.
- Identify, research, and resolve complex technical problems while, ultimately, providing impactful knowledge to the business.
- Provide training and technical support throughout the organization on customized reporting tools and other business intelligence platforms.
- Continually seek new and innovative ways to collect data and improve data integrity.
- High degree of collaboration with cross-functional teams within the US and global headquarters in the UK
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Extensive and hands-on experience in using SAP Business Objects Enterprise Tools, Tableau & Tableau Server, and other analytics/visualization tools
- Hands-on experience with integration from the SAP ecosystem and Google Cloud Platform and other databases
- Experience of project delivery / business change within Business Intelligence
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven strategic thinking
- Determined to identify solutions and be prepared to overcome obstacles to follow through plans to completion; focused on delivery
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply
- Process focus and detail oriented
- Appreciation of the role of systems within business operations/Impacts of major change
- Ability to tell a story with data, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills (written, oral, and across Microsoft Office Suite)
- Highly motivated self-starter