CAD Engineer - Body Engineering
£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
These roles sit within the Body Engineering Team of our automotive function.
- Provide CAD support to the Body Engineering Group, creating high quality CAD models and typical sections from concept design through to final math and GD&T releases.
- Lead the CAD design within the group as it expands, ensure modeling is completed to the required standards in Unigraphics NX and released in Teamcenter.
- Take responsibility for creating BIW concepts.
- Work within body engineering and with other functional areas both internal and external to ensure system compatibility.
- Work to program CAD release milestones, support CAE analysis requirements and virtual reviews.
- Generation of proposals and reports.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
Experience of Unigraphics NX or Catia CAD modeling within an automotive environment.
Experience of complete vehicle design and development
- Proven experience of Body design from concept to final release.
- Competent in modelling A class panels from surface data.
- Competent in modelling panels and integrating to other components and assemblies.
- Ability to lead other CAD designers in modeling techniques, standards and releases to the program time line.
- Good knowledge of Body design, structural and crash system requirements.
- Sound knowledge of materials and manufacturing requirements, mechanical properties and failure mechanisms.
- Creative and methodical problem solving skills.
- A good working knowledge of MS Office.
Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
Self-starter - ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude
Excellent team-working skills.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.