CAD Engineers - Chassis Systems
£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
This role sits within the Chassis team of our automotive function
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 650 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
CAD Engineers are required within our chassis department to work on suspension, subframes and brake systems.
Using Siemens NX CAD system you will
- create geometry, develop layouts and be responsible for kinematic packaging and kinematic studies of chassis systems.
- work with suppliers, internal and external engineers to ensure a robust design.
- contribute to DFMEA
- interpret CAE data to improve designs
- graduate degree in mechanical engineering
- Be competent in a high end 3D CAD system (ideally NX, but CATIA etc is acceptable)
- be familiar with 3D modeling, packaging, kinematic elements, 2D detailed drawings, tolerance stacks, GD&T
- understanding of DFMEA
- be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship
- Siemens NX CAD experience
- automotive chassis systems (suspension, braking, subframes, steering)
- understanding of stress/strain CAE and/or multibody dynamics
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition