CAE Engineer - Body Engineering
£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
These roles sit within the Body Engineering Team of our automotive function.
- Managing the creation full vehicle CAE models from concept stage to detailed level
- Supporting load path and structure development using simulation to inform Body Engineering design solutions.
- Help develop and grow CAE working practices and methods to meet and exceed current industry state of the art.
- Define and monitor component and system level testing and correlation to improve model predictability.
- Help develop standards related to all aspects of body structure engineering
- Integrate closely with key teams within the program: body engineering, safety, vehicle dynamics, vehicle NVH.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered)
Experience of CAE simulation experience
Experience with optimisation methods and tools : Optistruct, Genesis, …
- Good knowledge of Body in White Engineering
- Sound knowledge of materials and manufacturing requirements, mechanical properties and failure mechanisms
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally
Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment
Self-starter - ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude
Excellent team-working skills
- Experience in Electric Vehicle Body Structures development
- Experience of developing new vehicle platform
- Experience of Radioss / Hypercrash
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.