Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it is also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 10000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. Here at our Advance Manufacturing Centre in Laguna, there are 400 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes.
- Lean Sigma – conduct trainings for engineers and managers on Lean and Six Sigma methodologies. Assist on identification and completion of Kaizen and Six Sigma projects. Ensure proper roll-out of trainings and certification for Lean Sigma program.
- Technical Training – develop a technical training system aligned with Talent and Development team. Conduct training needs analysis for all PAM employees on a regular basis. Facilitate identified required trainings, both internal and external. Assess budget requirements for all training needs. Keep a training database for all trainings conducted.
- Workplace Systems – regularly review existing workplace systems and how they can be improved on. Monitor and maintain an Operations and SPC dashboard for PAM DDM. Ensure alignment of displays to Dyson visual guidelines. Establish and implement a visual management standard. Assist managers on creation of systems to enable easier monitoring and control in terms of resource management. Implement and sustain 6S in the production and office areas.
- Candidate must possess a Degree or Diploma in Industrial Engineering, or equivalent, with minimum of 8 years-experience as an Industrial Engineer or Operations/Process Excellence Engineer in a manufacturing environment
- Strong technical background in assembly manufacturing is an advantage
- Extensive experience is required on problem-solving tools and methodologies, e.g. 8D, 6Ms, 5 Whys, 5S, GR&R, DOE etc…
- Must be at least Green Belt Six Sigma trained and certified. Proficiency in Six Sigma methodologies is required.
- Analytical and data driven with an ability to generate a concise argument to support their views.
- Motivated by driving continuous improvement programs.
- Analytical mindset and attention to detail is a must
- Highly fluent in the English language, both written and verbal