Our focus is creating machines and technologies that are not only high performing but also energy efficient, environmentally responsible and manufactured in good working conditions. Monitoring and improving the ethical and environmental standards in our supply chain is a core part of the Dyson CSR strategy. Dyson owners, retailers and employees expect it of us. We expect this of ourselves.
To help implement and manage the Dyson’s ethical and environmental standards amongst our manufacturing supply chain, focussing particularly on Dyson’s contract manufacturers and suppliers.
Environment Data collection
- Work with contract manufacturers to collect relevant environmental data – focusing initially on energy and waste – and input data into the environmental software system
- Collate environmental compliance data, such as air quality, wastewater treatment, hazardous waste management, pollution prevention, or solid waste management
- Carry out analysis of environmental data as required for Dyson teams or customers
- Update relevant Dyson teams on emerging trends in the environmental data, identifying areas for improvement
- Work with the Dyson Materials Compliance team to collect data on materials used in Dyson machines
- Liaise with contract manufacturers on ethical and environmental requirements around materials used in Dyson machines and components
- Prepare compliance audit data by compiling and analyzing information
- Update relevant Dyson teams on progress
Conflict Mineral and Rare Earth ( Neodymium magnet)
- Work with Dyson CSR team in UK on communication with suppliers on the self declaration on the sourcing of these minerals.
- Sending SAQ and follow up with supplier declaration.
- Collate necessary data from suppliers.
SEDEX is a database of ethical and environmental information about suppliers in the Dyson supply chain.
- Upload all audit reports and follow up on any corrective actions on SEDEX system, keeping the Ethical & environmental auditor updated on the changes
- Monitor supplier membership in SEDEX and ensure maximum utilization by all registered suppliers
- Prepare compliance audit data by compiling and analyzing internal and external information
- Provide administrative support for auditors, by helping implement systems, procedures, and policies
- Assist the CSR team to gather data required for preparation of monthly reports
- Assist CSR auditors to follow up on corrective action plans ( CAP ) from audited suppliers.
- Any other administrative work needed by the CSR team
Like Dyson, CSR at Dyson, is growing, with new challenges, new suppliers and bigger goals. Like all members of the CSR team, you will be expected to dip your toe in the water, try new things and help out on big projects.
Organizational skills: able to handle significant volumes of complex data and spot patterns, discrepancies and inaccuracies.
Integrity: has a keen sense of justice and is willing and able to challenge the status quo in order to accomplish his or her duties.
Analytical Skills: Identifies and analyses key trends, issues, problems and solutions. Reasons logically and accurately with data’s collected. Ensures details are not overlooked.
Team Work: Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of people. Works co-operatively with others as part of a team.
Autonomy: A self-starter who is undaunted by new people and new challenges.
Written and Oral Communication: Is able to communicate and gather information’s required. Is able to use a variety of oral and written communication presentation techniques to ensure task is accomplished as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in social science or science /material science
- Some knowledge of environmental and material regulations
- Computer literate. Competent in suite of Microsoft Office programmes
- Excellent communications in English
- Work experience related to environmental compliance would be an advantage
- Able to work independently without constant supervision.
- Applicants should be Malaysian citizens or hold relevant resident status and must be willing to work in Senai, Johor Bahru.