Digital Analyst, Direct Business
$ competitive compensation
Dyson Canada opened in 2006 with 10 employees and two vacuum models. Within two months it had secured the number one market share. There are now over 100 people selling vacuums, fans, heaters, air purifiers, hand dryers and now hair dryers coast to coast. We think big, pushing into uncharted territory and strategizing new category expansions for the coming years.
Based in downtown Toronto, our Head Office borders the financial and theatre districts, surrounded by some of Canada's most inspiring urban engineering. From our open-plan office to social get-togethers, everything is designed to build the team spirit and hunger that drives our success. Outside Toronto, our sales representatives and demonstrators bring Dyson technology to our consumers in their home provinces – from the Atlantic to British Columbia.
Your job will be to take all the available data, across Dyson.com, digital marketplaces and Dyson physical events and retail and use your analytical skills to come up with clear, actionable insights that help drive our business goals. You’ll be exceptional at talking people through what you have found, helping them understand what action to take next.
You will also use your findings to take on-site testing and targeting recommendations in order to optimise our digital experience across all digital platforms. You will work closely with product owners to understand key challenges and the best way to ensure we are able to tag measure and report back on new initiatives driven from insights.
Specifically, you will -
Conduct deep dive analysis; providing regular insight in all aspects of the direct business to pull out trends in performance in order to improve the performance of Dyson’s direct sales channels.
- Proactively monitor our websites and digital marketplaces for changes in customer behaviour and communicate these insights clearly around the Digital team and wider business as necessary to drive change
- Investigate specific issues and propose solutions by analysing data from a wide range of sources including digital analytics data and session replay tools.
- To proactively identify opportunities to enhance the customer journey on all sites, taking account external best practice and current and future trends
- Work with external agencies and internal teams (Group, Finance, off-line marketing etc.)
- Contribute to the growing insight-based and data driven culture
- Support the maintenance and enhancements of the insight tools/platforms
You will be located in downtown Toronto, just a few blocks from the CN Tower and steps away from some of the world's best venues, restaurants, shops, and the underground path.
- Has some post-secondary education and 2+ years of experience in digital analytics, including paid media, with a proven record of delivering actionable insights
- Is able to demonstrate a proven track record of identifying new opportunities based on customer insight and data
- Can easily distil complex analytics into simple themes that are appropriate for non-technical stakeholders
- Is comfortable communicating and presenting at all stakeholder levels
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced commercial environment with the ability to multi-task and stay on top of the details
- Mastery of Google Analytics (Adobe Analytics a huge plus), Excel and Powerpoint
- Can demonstrate experience with data visualization and Social Media Analytics tools a plus – Linkfluence, Crimson Hexagon or similar
Dyson Canada monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, vacation and retirement savings contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy profit-related bonuses, life insurance, and family health and dental benefits. But financial incentives are just one of the rewards of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular coaching and learning. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.