$ competitive compensation
HR Advisor drives the implementation of HR programs and best practices that support the people agenda and enable the delivery of business strategy.
Based in downtown Toronto, our Head Office borders the financial and theatre districts, surrounded by some of Canada's most inspiring urban engineering. From our open-plan office to social get-togethers, everything is designed to build the team spirit and hunger that drives our success. Outside Toronto, our sales representatives and demonstrators bring Dyson technology to our consumers in their home provinces – from the Atlantic to British Columbia.
Dyson is about technology. Technology created, and brought to market, by people. HR sits at Dyson’s heart – with specialist functions for Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, Operations and Rewards. HR generalists link these all together; overseeing every people-related decision, with unique knowledge of the bigger business and commercial objectives.
- Acts as business partner, liaising with managers and employees to provide resolution of people issues and advice on consistent application of HR programs, policies and practices
- Provides coordination and execution across several HR generalist capabilities (e.g. recruitment, onboarding and offboarding, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, training, health and safety, HRIS and reporting)
- Supports initiatives to build talent capability, bench strength and succession
- Models and champions the organization values, behaviours and priorities internally and externally
- Collaborates with global HR teams to ensure alignment and consistency across markets as appropriate
- Begins to contribute to overall strategic planning activity
We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and enthusiastic professional, who -
- Has a University degree and 3+ years of progressive HR experience with top tier organizations
- Has CHRP designation, or in the final stages of attainting one
- Is focused on operational excellence; builds broader business knowledge and develops towards making strategic contributions
- Has great analytical skills, attention to detail and commitment to superb execution
- Is able to manage time exceptionally well, plan and execute multiple projects, and balance priorities
- Exhibits strong client focus, service delivery, and problem-solving orientation
- Is able to build relationships across all areas of the business
- Has excellent presentation and communication skills
- Is balanced, pragmatic and engaging personality
- Has the courage to explore new ideas and ways of thinking, take calculated risks, and diplomatically challenge the norm
- Works well in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and finds process improvements and efficiencies
Dyson Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities.
Dyson Canada monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, vacation and retirement savings contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy profit-related bonuses, life insurance, and family health and dental benefits. But financial incentives are just one of the rewards of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular coaching and learning. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.