IT Support Analyst
$ competitive compensation
Reporting to the IT Team Lead, you will be instrumental in facilitating IT support activities to ensure exceptional service delivery to Dyson Canada office and field based users.
Dyson (www.dysoncanada.ca) is about solving problems others seem to ignore and finding new ways to make everyday things work better. In 1978, James Dyson became frustrated with his vacuum cleaner’s diminishing performance. Five years and 5,127 prototypes later, he invented the world’s first bagless cyclonic vacuum cleaner. Today, we are 6,000 people strong across the world and are still focused on invention and improvement. We’ve designed bladeless fans and heaters, the most powerful cord-free vacuums powered by our patented Dyson digital motor and fast hygienic hand dryers that work in 12 seconds. Most recently, we’ve added purifiers, humidifiers, lighting and robots to our portfolio and launched our first innovation in the beauty category – Dyson Supersonic TM hair dryer. And we’re not done; our engineers continue to work on a pipeline of technology that stretches 25 years.
Our IT team provides desktop IT support for users across Canada. We ensure systems and conference facilities are up and running. After that, things get interesting. The day can bring anything from setting up equipment to troubleshooting. Work is fast-paced, with opportunities to use the latest technologies and develop cutting-edge skills. But we wouldn’t have it any other way. We understand the importance of our service. And, no matter how busy, we always find a way to solve Dyson’s most pressing problems.
- Act as a single point of contact for all phone calls and emails from the users for all IT related incidents from in-house software to hardware and log them in the Service Delivery tool
- Troubleshoot basic network issues such as ADSL broadband issues, Wireless, etc.
- Perform new hardware and software implementations
- Provide necessary IT assistance for the new hire onboarding process
- Maintaining an asset database and track changes
- Deliver IT Project Support (e.g. desk move, server room equipment installations, office move, etc.)
- Ensure all user information is correct and up to date in the IT systems
- Provide status updates to the user community and North American IT team when required
- Perform Active Directory tasks such as creating user accounts, resetting passwords & creating groups
- Supporting remote employees and employees working from home through VPN technology (UAG)
You will be located in downtown Toronto, just a few blocks from the CN Tower and steps away from some of the world's best venues, restaurants, shops, and the underground path.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and collaborative professional who –
- Has 1+ years hands-on experience supporting IT services within an organization
- Possesses proficient problem diagnosis skills and ability to troubleshoot on a variety of systems and applications
- Exhibits good knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7
- Has good operational knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010
- Has some experience of supporting iPhones and iPads
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are extremely important in this role
- Has excellent organizational skills and pays attention to details
- Is willing to learn and join an active, high energy and high performing team
- Incident Management experience is important– managing incidents including business expectations and communication
- Is keen to gain knowledge of the IT industry and its ongoing exciting development areas
Dyson Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dyson Canada monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, vacation and retirement savings contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy profit-related bonuses, life insurance, and family health and dental benefits. But financial incentives are just one of the rewards of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular coaching and learning. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.