Retail Store Manager - Yorkdale
$ competitive compensation
Dyson Store Manager will be tasked with building and supporting a high-performing store team and designing and implementing processes for our very first Dyson store in Toronto.
Dyson Canada opened in 2006 with 10 employees and two vacuum models. Within two months it had secured the number one market share. There are now over 100 people selling vacuums, fans, heaters, air purifiers, hand dryers and now hair dryers coast to coast. We think big, pushing into uncharted territory and strategizing new category expansions for the coming years.
Based in downtown Toronto, our Head Office borders the financial and theatre districts, surrounded by some of Canada's most inspiring urban engineering. From our open-plan office to social get-togethers, everything is designed to build the team spirit and hunger that drives our success. Outside Toronto, our sales representatives and demonstrators bring Dyson technology to our consumers in their home provinces – from the Atlantic to British Columbia.
The Direct team courage and tough negotiation skills. c about our products as we are.unch, youCustomer Care. negotiation. BEing bringing Dyson epitomises the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: Ambitious, commercially savvy, and strategically agile. We work to make the experience of buying a Dyson as exciting and innovative as the product itself. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson People. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiation skills.
- Lead a fun, engaging and ambitious in-store culture ensuring the team is involved, valued and recognized for their contribution and is regularly invited to share feedback to improve Store performance
- Develop and execute a strategy to hire and retain the best talent; be able to spot and develop talent in Store to ensure a succession plan
- Work with HR team to ensure that all performance and behavioral concerns are being addressed and that the necessary tools to track HR issues are in place
- Translate the strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in customer experience, sales and profit; identify and optimize promotional opportunities
- Be fully versed in the content of the Operating Manual and ensure every element is executed; ensure highest degree of retail execution on a daily basis through Assistant Manager and wider team
- Ensure that the retail operation complies to all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health and Safety; influence any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to staff members and the business
- Deliver a sustainable retail platform that is efficient, ever evolving and that exceeds our shopper’s expectations, whilst balancing this with a safe, compliant and cost controlled culture
- Build and maintain great relationships with internal and external partnerships to influence and contribute to the development of the business
A natural people manager and leader, you know how to build, train and motivate a strong team. A background in retail is essential but this is only the start of what we’re looking for. As part of Dyson’s store management team you will work closely with the marketing, PR, digital, sales and finance teams to help define and monitor key metrics, reporting results and recommending actions to management. Developing exhilarating sales and marketing plans and selling to the wider company will be down to you. You’ll have tactical know-how to manage and deliver the store P&L successfully. Behind the scenes, you will oversee operations such as inventory and visual merchandising. Your flexible work hours will total five days per week.
Dyson Canada monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, vacation and retirement savings contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy profit-related bonuses, life insurance, and family health and dental benefits. But financial incentives are just one of the rewards of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular coaching and learning. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.