Category Creative Lead
£Competitive + Bonus + Pension + Private Health Care + Free onsite Gym + 27 days holiday
The Integrated Campaign Team operates in distinct commercial category teams. We need a Category Creative Lead to head up one of our categories from a creative perspective.
Reporting directly into the Creative Director for Integrated Campaigns, you’ll drive the efficacy of campaigns across all channels and all media for that category. You’ll collaborate closely with the Category Commercial Director and engineering leads, becoming a trusted voice for the category and input into its overall direction. You’ll be responsible for translating commercial objectives into campaign strategy and driving creative excellence from concept to execution.
A strategic thinker with the ability to analyse data, interpret plans and think competitively, you’ll lead a team of creatives with specialisms across a range of channels, to execute fully integrated, impactful and effective campaigns across all media. You’ll define the direction and the standards for our campaigns globally.
You are a born listener, collaborator, leader.
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More channels. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve the problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention.
Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, to protecting our identity, and to building our hard earned Reputation. Every contact with our public contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
The ‘Integrated Campaign Team’ is one of three core teams in the ‘Dyson Experience Group’. Its central role is to take products and/or market-specific visual communications strategies from the New Product Communications Team and create fully integrated campaigns for them – on paper, on screen, in-stores, at events and anywhere else.
1. Deliver multi media/multi-channel, fully integrated campaigns and channel executions for new and existing products. Campaigns range from global launches to tactical work for a single market.
2. Develop an in-depth understanding of the category commercial objectives and the part that these play in wider business goals.
3. Assume guardianship of the brand expression and visual identity of the Category as a whole. Ensure best practice across all channels - from print and film to digital and social,
4. Build a full understanding of our various markets around the world, their cultural nuances and consumer trends and habits.
5. Manage the day-to-day creative operations of the category, providing guidance and support to the members of your team. Be proactive in their development, including responsibility for weighting of skills, career and training opportunities, as well as talent scouting for new hires.
6. Stay in touch with our competitor activity and the activity of premium brands who compete for our customers’ attention. Use this knowledge to ensure that Dyson campaigns stand us apart.
7. Be proactive and innovative in your thinking. Look to the wider world for inspiration, think laterally and be unafraid to challenge convention and push boundaries.
8. Be expert in simplifying ideas into sharp and impactfull creative expressions in words, imagery, film, animation, colour and composition.
9. Lead and guide brainstorming sessions to establish core campaign ideas and define the creative direction for each channel. Encourage open-mindedness and collaboration across disciplines.
10. Shepherd the campaign development process to ensure cohesion across all channels and all media. This includes quality control for work in progress.
11. Arrange and lead review sessions. Identify when work is ready to share with the Creative Director of Integrated Campaigns. Then present that work upwards, ensuring there is clarity of thinking and execution, a clear rationale and positive next steps.
12. Analyse campaign performance and define and direct improvements, either as a rolling change or for future campaigns.
Working with other departments
A key part of the role is the ability to work with other parts of the business. A a senior member of the team, you will be expected to collaborate across departments, specifically:
1. Work alongside the Category Ops Planning function, to ensure all projects are adequately scoped and resourced and that the status of each project is clearly and regularly communicated.
2. Collaborate closely with the Creative Head for Digital, to ensure that campaigns are optimised for deployment across all digital platforms.
3. Work directly with the Image & Identity and Film teams, to ensure accuracy and efficiency in all executions as well as the creation of templates for common items.
4. Collaborate closely with the Content Creation team, to ensure that the assets we develop for social media are both relevant and entertaining to our target market.
5. Connect regularly with the other Category Leads. Share knowledge and experience, to help improve the efficacy of our communications and minimise siloed thinking.
6. Work with our internal Media Planning function and external partners to stay abreast of media plans for all campaign activity. Understand the media weighting for different channels and ensure that our comms are deployed in the right way, at the right time, to the right people.
7. Build relationships with our regional ‘Centre of Excellence’ Creative Directors. Keep them informed with developments at Group level and make every effort to understand their commercial priorities.
8. Align your thinking with the Retail Communications Creative Head, to ensure that in-store assets are consistent with the overall campaign, and that retail intelligence and insight is fed back into future creative work.
9. Collaborate closely with the Events team, to ensure that our Dyson experiences are aligned with product and campaign comms.
10. Establish a collaborative working relationship with the User Experience Design Director and identify how UX and UI plays a role in defining shopper journey’s through a campaign.
You will be currently operating at Creative Head or Assistant Creative Director Level in a fast-paced and busy In-House Creative Studio or ideally an Integrated Creative or Advertising / Media Agency
You will have proven experience in delivering digital and social campaigns for either global or reputable brands You will possess a wider understanding of the potential of digital - from data analytics and message targeting to machine learning and AI
You will have a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to articulate your creative ideas and strategic thinking across a variety of mediums and platforms
You will have excellent interrogation and analytical skills – able to uncover insights and inspiration to define messaging and visual direction from numerical/written data, field observation and desk research.
You will have an expert eye for composition and meticulous attention for detail – able to balance words, pictures and negative space – world class graphic design skills.
You will be accomplished at briefing writers, art directors, photographers and film makers to deliver the right content, pace, tone, meaning
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.