Competitive Remuneration Package
At Dyson, Project Management is an increasingly in demand requirement across its research and development projects; as products become more complex and cross-functional teams get bigger, it is imperative for the project management team to grow a long side Dyson’s growth to ensure our products are delivered to market on time. It’s an exciting time to join Dyson’s Project Management team.
The Project Manager’s role is to ensure all of Dyson’s teams are aligned to the top level strategy of the project and are delivering against the agreed time line.
The Project Manager is required to work closely alongside the Design Manager to help drive work into the global cross functional team, report on progress and mitigate risks. They will also be required to interact with the Heads of Departments to communicate project status, escalate risks and propose project solutions to keep the project on track.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
- Management of the top level plan and its constituent parts – including all functions e.g. Engineering, Electronics, Operations, Commercial
- Create, manage and report top level plan
- Facilitate the right conversation to ensure critical dependencies and strategic paths are paved to drive end-to-end performance
- Monitor, escalate and mitigate risks and issues through cross functional Leadership teams
- Leadership and Direction of the Functional Teams
- Ensure collaboration between teams delivering to the project plan
- Act as an enabler and influencer to remove road blocker for the teams to complete work against their plans.
- Define and improve on key possesses within Floorcare and Functional teams in SEA and Globally to support sustainable performance
- Support VP in the development and preparation of Floorcare strategy papers, quarterly reviews and long term plans; playing a key role in facilitating strategic discussion and planning within the Floorcare leadership team and cross functional stakeholders.
- Provide Governance of Project Management
- Develop and drive cross functional project plan to link RDD and ROB
- Key interface with SEA team for NPI/EOL Projects
- Report on key Category KPIs/Define data regression and communicate key insights, issues, risk and opportunities across Category x Functional Teams
- Adherence to milestone dates, management of project dates and change reporting
- Report and facilitate key learning discussions and action planning during key milestones and project completion phase.
- Stakeholder management at every level of seniority
Excellent presentation and engagement skills – ability to turn data into key insights, build engagement and buy-in and drive execution delivery.
Ability to drive for results
Strong learning agility
Political acumen – able to navigate through complex and matrix organization in order to secure the right buy-in and speed to action/decision
Agile but firm in driving for performance
Experience required :
Candidate must possess Bachelor Degree in Engineering
Experience managing complex cross functional projects in an R&D project environment
Experience of managing large scale and complex projects.
Strong understanding of Project Management processes and knowledge areas
Experience of leading teams directly or indirectly
Risk and issue management
Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle.