Category Development Lead
This role provides a unique opportunity to contribute to co-ordinating the activities building a full, multi-functional perspective of a category. Dealing with questions that impact right across the category, the role holder will gain real insight and hands on experience of the cross functional activities to deliver an end – end operating model. This will enable the smooth running of the day to day operations, enabling the Global Cat Director to focus on strategizing and the growth of the category.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR. The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
As Dyson grows it becomes more complex: more categories, more countries, more technologies and more routes to market. As complexity increases, so does the need for category co-ordination across the business. Over the next phase of its growth Dyson will face some significant challenges in delivering the category plans as a whole.
- Support the Global Category Director to ensure that priorities and projects are aligned and synchronised with the range plan, adapting/communicating to any changes or developments as they occur
- Collate papers, packs, information and deliverables needed for Cross Category review meetings and other key Category leadership meetings including the Board and Exec meetings.
- Working with Team Coordinator to plan the annual calendar of events for the Category and lead on facilitating Category leadership meetings with clear agendas, actions and follow ups.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with the key stakeholders of the cross functional category teams.
- Maintain a flow of information, supporting across the global Category leadership team to facilitate effective decision making on behalf of the Category Director.
- Provide proactive support to the Category Director in the day to day activities to facilitate effective management and leadership across the functional team.
- Manages reporting of key Category KPIs using existing KPIs and creating new ones, identifying issues and opportunities reporting findings to the Category Director and the leadership team with recommendations.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience in product development.
- Understanding of Dyson’s product development and launch processes.
- Degree qualified.
- Project management experience preferable.
- Ability to work as a real partner to the Category Director by demonstrating trust confidentiality and pace.
- High level of communication and presentation skills both verbal and written. Able to portray complex information easily.
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Analytical skills – analyse complex cost and project planning data.
- Understanding how to navigate and get things done in Dyson.
- Energetic, engaging and positive approach.
- Curious and able to add value by using initiative outside of responsibilities or boundaries.
- Enjoys a dynamic, fast-paced team environment; prepare to roll up sleeves.
- Assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections.
- Intelligent, quick-thinking and proven problem solver.
- Calm, logical, comfortable with all levels.
- High level of integrity as will have exposure to confidential information.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.