Work closely with Design Team for the category support.Manage the Engineering build throughout the project development process and to work with Contract Manufactures.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Our Design engineering team is the idea factory of Dyson. It’s where we took the bag out of the vacuum. The blades out of a fan. And the heat out of hand dryers. With free-flowing curiosity and creativity, ideas are never in short supply. The key is deciding which ones could change the world and which should, for now, be shelved. This is done by the New Product Innovation team, who pass on the best ideas to New Product Development. Sketching, prototyping, testing, failing and refining follow. It can take months, even years. But those ideas that make it are big. The ones that transform markets.
- Generate and manage Test Request , Change Request PO, PFG tracker and Reliability tracker
- Manage and Coordinate with CM’s Engineering Build , Cost Down Build and Prototype Build and ensure build is meeting spec and timeline
- Calculate and provide business case , part cost and DDU cost for X-Project within category team
- Prepare and manage ad-hoc sample request from marketing , commercial and cross team
- Highlight involve and work with cross team and monitor implementation of cost down project into production within targeted schedule to achieve yearly cost down target for Floor care category
- Basic knowledge -equivalent to 1 year exposure/coping in Teamcenter,Unigraphics NX,Excell and Words
- Basic Knowledge - equivalent to 1 year exposure/coping in in product and part cost calculation , he/she should be able to run should cost analysis for cost estimations and manage business case calculator
- Able to create BOM (in engineering)based on marketing or cross team requirement
- Project Management - at least 2 years experience he/she need to work with internal and external cross team
- Good communication Skills - including presentation in meetings( he/she need to work with internal and external cross team)
- Handled /Involved in Risk Management, he/she need to identify potential risk of projects and able to plan ahead for mitigation
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.