Characterisation Engineer - Energy Storage
Competitive + Bonus + Pension + 27 days holiday
Reporting to a senior engineer, the candidate would become and expert and operating and controlling analysis and characterisation equipment, both on site and at external partners. Other tasks:
- Sample preparation & data acquisition
- Using and training users on multi-million pound characterisation equipment.
- Analysis and review of results with senior engineers
- Method development for new materials
- Determination of process / property relationships between materials, methods of manufacture and the fundamental battery performance.
- Statistical analysis of battery materials, time and performance dependencies
- Degree or postgraduate degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
- Significant experience developing methods for the physical, structural and electrochemical characterisation of materials and devices.
- Has used analytical skills to develop a product/idea/process from concept to technology demonstration.
- Has used analytical skill and insight gained from materials characterisation to influence product or process improvement.
Desirable Experience :
- Post-graduate degree
- Knowledge of analytical techniques used for the characterisation of thin films
- Experience of Thin film deposition methods, Vacuum (UHV & HV) engineering, Vacuum system assembly, design and maintenance.
- Experience of Battery material development and test cell assembly (Anodes/ Cathodes/Electrolytes)
- Experience of working with Air sensitive, unstable or pyrophoric compounds
- Familiarity with Risk Assessment, COSHH, HAZOP processes
- Experience of working in Hazardous& complex environments, (e.g. dry / explosive / particulate / vapour)
- Confident in Data acquisition & Processing – Scientific in understanding but engineering in mind-set.
- Proficient in MS Office packages including Excel •Knowledge of Statistical process/measurement control and validation.