£22,000 - 24,000
- As Chef Manager you will be responsible for one of our catering locations, which is open Monday-Sunday delivering a high quality food and service and managing the team.
- Working under the guidance of the Catering Operations Manager & Executive Chef, you will be responsible for a team of staff, and managing operational performance, budgets and cost control of the catering service in your location.
- The food offer is fresh, healthy and locally sourced, so excellent culinary skills are required with a passion for giving customers the best possible experience.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Dyson are seeking enthusiastic team players to join our superb in-house catering department on a permanent basis. This is no ordinary on-site Café facility…we are a global technology company with over 3,000 people based on site and still growing. Our catering team have the challenge of feeding these success hungry employees on a daily basis and providing them with the nutrition they need to see through the day, as well as providing dining for evening events. This new and exciting venue will offer a unique space to socialise, enjoy a coffee in our café or a cold drink in our bar.
- Working closely with the Executive Chef to deliver a creative and high standard of food service.
- Maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Managing special diet and allergen requirements.
- Leading evening functions and events.
- Day to day line management of team, ensuring exceptional food and service every day in our coffee shop and bar.
- Responsible for supporting, training and people development within the team.
- Experience in a similar role, in a high paced and high volume environment.
- Proven leadership.
- Passionate and creative with can do attitude.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- A relevant industry qualification is desirable eg NVQ level 2 or equivalent.
- 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Dyson machine discount
- Sports centre
- Subsidized cafe and restaurants