Cloud Software Engineer
£Competitive, plus 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
We are looking for a motivated and passionate cloud/backend software engineer who is keen to be working with cutting edge technologies. You will be working alongside a team of likeminded engineers in Dyson’s rapidly expanding IoT platform engineering group. You will be responsible for building world-class technology employing the latest continuous delivery and DevOps practices to deliver the next generation of connected apps and systems.
In 2016 we launched our first two connected products and already have a connected user base of hundreds of thousands across twenty countries. By leveraging our culture of design and engineering excellence with an innovative start up mentality we won the 2016 T3 Connected product of the year, and our ambitions for 2018 and beyond are even more exciting. If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, fast moving environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges, then we want to speak to you!
Internet connected products is a growing part of Dyson where we aim to continue our reputation of being innovative and disruptive. We’re building an international Agile organisation and adopting the latest technology and techniques to ensure we can deliver our ambitious vision in the connected space. You’ll be working to create a world-class user experience in one of the fastest moving consumer technology domains, alongside other engineers, designers, commercial strategists and electronics engineers.
- Push code daily that will be relied upon by our ever-growing fleet of connected users and products
- Developing new features and extending existing platform using C#, NodeJS, Python and a range of deployment automation and monitoring tools
- Provide technical guidance by pairing with team members and helping them grow
- Help your colleagues with code reviews and care about shipping quality code.
- Work effectively as a key member of an agile development team utilising Scrum based methodologies and tool suites.
- Work closely with senior members of your team to review the implementation plan
- Develop and refine code to deliver from prototype to production
- Stay up to date with the latest tools and technologies, and feed these back regularly to your colleagues
- Fluent in one of the following programming languages: C#/ Node.Js or Java
- Understand DevOps practices and can adapt them to build Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Good understanding of software design patterns
- Knowledge or hands-on experience of Cloud based systems using AWS/Azure, or Docker-based container management system
- Able to turn concept ideas into concrete tasks and code
- Strong understanding of BDD and TDD, unit testing, mocking and contract interfaces
- Experience of finding & solving bugs and seeing the fixes through to production
- Ability to work in cross-platform environments (Windows, Linux, macOS)
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.