The Cloud Engineer will have a high level of technical knowledge relating to installation, design and maintenance of cloud-based components. You will be helping maintain, develop and optimise the company’s services and technologies, making recommendations regarding the technology stack and architecture. Ability to work with a hybrid deployment of Cloud / On Premise environments using toolsets to migrate and manage workloads across the entire environment. Must also have a good understanding of Cloud based security best practises.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
The Infrastructure Services function provides outstanding global infrastructure services from detailed technical designs, technical and project delivery through to operational support covering a wide range of technologies. The team ensures Dyson’s diverse infrastructure is maintained and evolves to a level which supports the Dyson business while designing and delivering cost effective world class solutions for the future.
- Building, securing, and maintaining Cloud infrastructure and environments
- Building and maintaining continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Project delivery within defined timelines.
- Documentation of environments.
- Building AWS and Azure Cloud infrastructure
- Automation / infrastructure as code
- DevOps experience
- Site Reliability Engineering
- CloudFormation / Terraform / Ansible / Gradle / Jenkins
- Containerization / Docker / Kubernetes to package and run services
- Cloud Platform experience - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc
- Microsoft and Linux based operating systems.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines