Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (DevOps, AWS, Windows, Linux, Ansible, Automation, IoT, Web, Digital, Continuous Integration/Delivery)
£Competitive plus Bonus, Pension, 27 Days Holiday
Malmesbury / Bristol
Based in either Malmesbury or Bristol, you will be responsible for the build, configuration, deployment and support of Dyson's Connected (IoT) devices infrastructure. You'll work with software engineers and operational teams to make sure our systems are secure, robust and reliable.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 9,000 people, a presence in over 70 countries and over 80 million machines sold. And it’s just the start.
The Infrastructure & Environments team is at the heart of this significant transformation at Dyson - ensuring we maintain robust and highly-available digital platforms for both our customers and the machines they buy while continuing to deploy new features at pace. The Infrastructure & Environments team is responsible for building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Infrastructure as code along with automation is our bread and butter – making sure environments can be spun up or changed with ease, whilst ensuring consistency. The team also works closely with the software engineers in scrums to delivery, troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
You will be joining a team that's moving Dyson's platform forward to support 20 million connected products by 2020. We’re evolving our platform with an automation-led mindset to scale for the future. You’ll work closely with developers; pushing code from initial design phase to production. You will:
- Develop, automate and maintain the build of AWS components, and operating systems
- Liaise with architects, software engineers, DBA’s to understand and implement new requirements, features and changes
- Implement monitoring solutions, and respond to alerts and issue as required
- Ensure that systems are secure and patched
- Keeping up to date with technology trends and identifying areas for improvement – such as security, containerisation, serverless, micro services, service discover, and continuous integration/delivery
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its various components
- Linux systems administration and scripting skills
- Configuration management and automation such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience in maintaining, monitoring, and scaling web based platforms
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.