Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
£Competitive plus Bonus, Pension, 27 Days Holiday
Based in either Malmesbury or Bristol, you will be responsible for the build, configuration, deployment and support of Dyson's Connected (IoT) devices infrastructure. You'll work with software engineers and operational teams to make sure our systems are secure, robust and reliable.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 9,000 people, a presence in over 70 countries and over 80 million machines sold. And it’s just the start.
You will be joining a team that's moving Dyson's platform forward to support 20 million connected products by 2020. We’re evolving our platform with an automation-led mindset to scale for the future. You’ll work closely with developers; pushing code from initial design phase to production.
- Develop, automate and maintain the build of AWS components, and operating systems
- Liaise with architects, software engineers, DBA’s to understand and implement new requirements, features and changes
- Implement monitoring solutions, and respond to alerts and issue as required
- Ensure that systems are secure and patched
- Keeping up to date with technology trends and identifying areas for improvement – such as security, containerisation, serverless, micro services, service discover, and continuous integration/delivery
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its various components
- Linux systems administration and scripting skills
- Configuration management and automation such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience in maintaining, monitoring, and scaling web based platforms
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines