Commercial Finance Analyst
The Commercial Finance Analyst supports the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager in the production and review of financial analysis supporting the Executive monthly meeting cycle, ad hoc requests, Group project initiatives and multiple areas of Commercial Finance.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
The Planning & Analysis team is a business decision and commercial strategy function, providing direct support to the Executive Team.
The function works within the matrix of a product category leadership team and a geographic country structure. Objectives include providing the monthly executive reports, commercial partnership and decision making, budgeting and forecasting, global pricing, digital marketing support, business KPIs, and commercial planning.
- Creation and review of monthly financial dashboards – future proofing requirements and keeping relevant and topical with business demands.
- A technical mind-set – with a passion to become a OneStream advocate and potential super-user.
- Organisation of the monthly reporting cycle & Finance Review meetings.
- P&L understanding, interrogation and validation.
- Contact with international markets.
- Proactive resolution of financial challenges and improvement of reporting infrastructure.
- Ownership of the bi-weekly business volume forecast database.
- Ad hoc and varied project work as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Newly qualified accountant and above. Finalists considered.
- Previous management accounting and commercial reporting experience.
- Highly competent Excel, IT and data manipulation skills.
- High degree of accuracy and impeccable reporting presentation standards.
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Determination and perseverance to make things happen.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical ability.
- Able to work flexibly if required.
- Calm under pressure and ability to interact with Executive-level personnel.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and engender respect from colleagues.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritise workload in order to meet strict reporting deadlines.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines