Commercial Finance Analyst
£40,000 - £50,000 + Bonus + Pension + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
The Commercial Finance Analyst is an exciting role within the commercial finance team. The role is a very visible position providing a great opportunity to raise individual profile and build a network amongst the commercial business. The role will be responsible for management accounting support for key Group Commercial functions including month end and managing monthly and annual forecasting cycles covering overheads and project accounting to control brand building investments. The role is critical in controlling major cost areas and therefore clear reporting and analysis is required.
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
The Commercial Finance team is a business decision support and commercial strategy function.
- Manage month end process for commercial cost centres in an accurate and timely manner.
- Presentation of financial performance, full year forecasts and budget variances including insightful commentary and highlighting opportunities and risk.
- Review of monthly commitments and preparations of monthly accruals and prepayments reconciliations including timely follow up on any queries.
- Work in close partnership with the individual budget holders and the group consolidation team to provide accurate, timely and comprehensive annual budgets as well as monthly re-forecasts.
- To independently conduct monthly review meetings with budget holders and to act as a key point of contact to support the budget holders within the commercial business.
- To build strong relations across the Group and provide financial support to commercial decision making.
- Challenge current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible and to set best practice across the Dyson organisation.
- Reporting to the operations finance manager in commercial finance manager
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritise workload in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical ability.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to identify risks and issues and propose solutions.
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and engender respect from colleagues.