Commercial Finance Manager – Floorcare
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
The Floorcare Finance team is currently transitioning responsibilities from the UK to Singapore delivering end-to-end Finance support across Floorcare category, from the evaluation of RDD projects that will drive future Category performance through to ensuring the strategic goals of the Category are executed in markets. Multiple opportunities exist within the team with varied responsibilities including investment appraisal, influencing range planning decisions, commercial performance management and supply planning. You will be a key point of contact for the RDD Category Leaders, Commercial Category leaders, along with Supply Chain and Operations ensuring that sufficient financial rigour are applied to key decision making. Working with different functions across the business, this is a highly visible role that represents a great opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of Dyson.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities. Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
The Floorcare Category Finance team support business decision making from project initiation, launch, in life performance through to EOL. The Category teams represents a key pillar of our matrix organisation of Markets, Category and Channels.
- Provide financial expertise & integrated finance support to deliver category 5 year plan objectives.
- Build up a relationship with supply chain and operations to understand how supply impacts the performance of the category.
- Understand how product profitability analysis can be used to influence and optimise supply allocations.
- Maximise the efficiency of the category by optimising SKU availability to markets through to EOL.
- Ensure financial perspective is understood in capacity planning sessions
- Drive for continual process improvement, be proactive and thought provoking in supporting decision making.
- Support Commercial improvement projects
- Share category knowledge, learning & insight back to markets
- Manage one direct report
- Highly competent IT and data manipulation skills, with SAP, BW and onestream experience preferred
- Curiosity and problem solving skills, with determination and perseverance to push changes through
- Strong communication, with ability to influence and use financial information to provide insight to non-finance managers and senior directors
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Ability to analyse data and trends
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to bring structure, planning and prioritization to a less structured environment in order to meet deadlines
- Experienced qualified accountant, with a previous management role in Finance
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.