Commercial Finance Manager
We are looking for a high calibre experienced Commercial Finance Manager to join the Commercial Finance team with the ability to work cross functionally, prioritise and make things happen. This is a high impact role working closely with the leadership team and key stakeholders in Procurement, R&D and Operations. You will operate independently; present your cost opportunity ideas, plans and results. This person should be excited about the challenges and growth that this opportunity will give to them.
Not too far away is the Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Key areas of responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify major cost optimization opportunities to be identified as key priorities
- Ensure that the efforts are focused on the major cost optimization opportunities and work cross functional to progress key priorities
- Manage and report on key aspects of Dyson product cost with senior leadership as audience
- Conduct regular financial risk assessments in supply chain and product cost
- Understand and implement FX considerations when negotiating product cost
- Value/non value add review of key processes leading to driving process improvement
Overall Aims & Tasks:
- Prepare monthly reports and analysis as part of cost of sales and Purchase Price Variance reporting scorecard or as required to support operations and decisions
- Provide negotiation support to Procurement with data/ analysis/ scenario mapping
- Understand and run analysis on material cost to support critical thinking and decision making
- Liaison with Singapore, Malaysia and UK finance teams for month end close reporting
- Oversee the cost opportunity tracker to make sure that reports are accurate
- Involved in annual budgeting process
- Involved / take ownership of ad hoc commercial / strategic projects
- May be required to work out of the Senai office for 1 day a week
- MBA, Full/Part Qualified Accountant or equivalent post graduate qualification with experience in financial planning, analysis and/or strategy.
- Project management experience
- Experience in rigorous financial analysis and comfortable with large databases.
- Excellent analytical ability and Excel spread sheet skills
- Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly and model data in meaningful ways
- Naturally Inquisitive - comfortable and willing to interrogate existing systems with large amounts of data for answers but accepts that not every query has an exact answer
- Proactive in proposing ideas to challenge status quo
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or engineering an advantage
- Experience in working across functions and cultures and dealing with overseas entities
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the presentation of financial information to non-finance managers and directors
- Assertive and able to influence upwards and peers
- Good spoken & written English
- Has strong sense of operational discipline and ability to meet deadlines
- Tableau experience a plus
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.