Commercial Marketing Manager - Lighting (FTC)
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus
The Commercial Marketing Manager will enter a rapidly expanding Dyson business at a critical time in the growing lighting category. Working as an expert, the Commercial Manager will develop and apply a deep understanding of how to market and drive the commercial success of their personally assigned products and projects globally.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. We’ve sold over 80 million machines and it’s only the beginning.
In 2015 Jake Dyson Lighting was acquired by Dyson and became another product category in the rapidly growing business. Powered by Jake’s vision for lighting, the category is at an important juncture as it seeks to make an impact on both the B2B and B2C lighting markets.
Bringing brand new technology to life – and to the world – requires inventive marketing, clarity of message, vast reach, and engagement in more innovative ways. Working closely with our engineers, our marketers develop powerful claims through scientific research.
From traditional channels to cutting-edge events, retail experiences, social media and PR, we seize every chance to tell the Dyson story.
- Lead and inspire cross-functional, cross-discipline and cross-market teams to deliver initiatives
- Provide end-to-end ownership for new product launches and strategic campaigns
- Maximise the sales potential and profitability of existing products
- Own the lighting P&L alongside the wider commercial team
- Supply market insights through a combination of market feedback, dialogue and observations
- Engage with and represent the interests of markets at Group level
- Support and guide the growing international lighting partners network
- Identify, plan and project manage international events alongside market marketing teams
- Constantly track and improve the performance of marketing initiatives
- Be an advocate for the category, both internally and externally
- You'll need proven experience of confidently managing work through review, plan, create and deliver. Experience of doing this internationally, and across marketing related functions is very preferable.
- You'll be a creative thinker who is not afraid to challenge the status quo and take smart risks.
- We'd ideally like you to have a 2:1 degree or equivalent with strong knowledge of traditional and digital media, plus experience of managing and working with cross functional teams.
- Previous hands-on experience of selling and directly interacting with customers is a great bonus.
- Previous experience of marketing in a B2B environment with a strong focus on ROI.
- Experience or interest in the lighting industry will be looked upon favourably, but is not critical.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
With a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.