Compliance & Approvals Programme Manager
This department is responsible to ensure that all Dyson products are in compliance with all relevant Safety, Materials and EMC regulations, standards and legislations. We monitor and guide design engineers to ensure that all Dyson products are safe and we liaise with the relevant authority in every country we market our products, providing them with all certificates and other requisites to allow sales in that particular country
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be
For a Dyson engineer, breaking the rules is part of the job. It’s what makes Dyson machines different. But the next great Dyson idea can’t change the world from a lab. To ensure our machines can be sold, there are some rules we need to stick to. From reviewing initial concepts to testing final components in our accredited test laboratories, our Compliance and Approvals team is a critical voice during the design phase. By making sure Dyson machines are never kept off the shelf by global standards and legislation, they play vital role in supporting Dyson’s growth.
- Work across the organization to ensure all stakeholders are aligned to the programs objectives and clearly communicate this to the Dyson senior management.
- Coordinating and communicating project status cross-functionally to ensure effective and timely input.
- Taking an active, hands-on role to understand how engineering problems are resolved thoroughly and help support that resolution.
- Governance and organization of project related information.
- Supporting resource allocation against time plans and support finance in overall project cost management.
- Manage cross programme delivery between teams within the department to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solutions.
- Develop and manage appropriate project processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct standards.
- Manage and develop small functional team and ensure right PM capability is in place to ensure project delivery.
- Develop Information management infrastructure to ensure effective project governance.
- Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans and support finance in overall departmental cost management.
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum delivery within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- At least 5 years’ experience in engineering and management role.
- Excellent communication skill, leadership, negotiation and risk management. Strong people management experience, achieving high level of performance and employee engagement.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management).
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition