Test & Certification Engineer
Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
- Work within in-house compliance test laboratories and closely with our product design teams from early development through to start of production to ensure products are tested and meet global product standards: support a ‘design for compliance’ approach.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
For a Dyson engineer, breaking the rules is part of the job. It’s what makes our products different. But the next great Dyson idea can’t change the world from a lab. To ensure our machines can be sold, there are some rules we need to stick to. From reviewing initial concepts to testing final components in our accredited test laboratories, our Compliance and Approvals team is a critical voice during the design phase. By making sure Dyson product are never kept off the shelf by global standards and legislation, we play vital role in supporting the growth of Dyson.
- Become a source of test and technical expertise for global standards and legislation across a wide range of products;
- Become familiar with a large range of test equipment and test methods required to test Dyson products;
- Work closely with global teams to plan and test products to international standards and provide accurate and detailed reports to support project development;
- Work closely with external suppliers and testing organisations to coordinate and manage test programs;
- Lead product category test activities and develop new test methods as required for new projects;
- Ensure compliance testing activities run smoothly using effective planning and reporting tools;
- Work in accordance with Dyson Quality Management system.
- Degree or equivalent in an electrical/electronic engineering or related subject;
- The ability to interpret technical documentation and clearly communicate requirements and give guidance;
- An autonomous and methodical approach with strong attention to detail
- Strong project management skills would be desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- An enthusiastic approach and a desire to learn new skills
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines