Consumer Payments Accountant - 6m FTC
Up to £36,000 per annum, depending on experience
An exciting new contract opportunity has arisen within the Dyson Finance Centre of Excellence to support the business in ensuring the accurate application of direct consumer payments and transformation of processes within this area. Data integrity is key in this role; you will be responsible for preparing accounting entries, detailed reconciliations, and supporting the business in developing processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness within these areas. Global best practice will be directly influenced and evolved based on findings identified in these processes.
This is a crucial role in achieving our business aspirations to grow our direct sales; you will have great exposure to Dyson in several key business areas and be responsible for payments from website, customer present and customer not present transactions across multiple markets.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. Last year our HQ doubled its footprint with an ambitious new expansion and phase 1 of the Hullavington development is nearing completion...
Our Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
- To contribute to the success of the business by ensuring receipts are accurately recorded, reconciled and the cause of any reconciling items/differences identified and resolved,
- Provide business support in the development of automation in processes and of solutions for the causes of reconciling items, including participating in testing and implementation as necessary,
- Maintain maximum levels of data quality/integrity by quickly resolving and clearing reconciling items,
- Cultivate and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers,
- Preparing accounting entries for all direct payment methods,
- Reconciling card payments and refunds to invoices for all direct payment methods,
- Reconciling the online electronic accounts to ensure integrity of available funds is maintained and reported,
- Reconciling and monitoring cash and cheque receivables for customer facing transactions,
- Investigate and resolve any items that cannot be reconciled, for all of the above payment types,
- Reduce the level/frequency of differences by working with the business to evolve and improve the relevant processes,
- Support technical developments in direct consumer payments; work towards automation or processes & recommend solutions based on reconciliation findings, participate in testing process enhancements, contribute to training and implementation as required,
- Perform SAP user acceptance & regression testing for direct consumer payment processes as required,
- Ensure compliance with General Data Protection Regulation requirements,
- Contribute to the creation and documentation of Global Best Practice processes for direct payments
- Holds a Finance-related degree or professional qualification,
- Experience in producing detailed reconciliations, including reporting on and resolving findings,
- Good level of accounting skills, familiar with working in a financial accounting environment, complying with audit and policy requirements,
- Retail experience is preferable,
- Experienced in building relationships with both internal and external customers,
- Numerate and accurate,
- Strong Excel skills,
- Previous SAP accounting experience desirable,
- Strong attention to detail,
- Excellent analytical skills,
- Proactive approach to problem solving,
- Drive for results,
- Good prioritisation skills and able to work well under pressure,
- Ability to work unsupervised/independently, cross functionally and using own initiative,
- Team player,
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills,
- Ability to highlight potential process/system improvements and to act to effect these.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.