Consumer Retail Operations Manager
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
The Consumer Retail Operations Manager leads the our Sell Out Operations Planning function. They will work closely with the Dyson Americas Sales, Marketing and Field Leadership teams to achieve our sales targets through the development and support of integrated sell-out strategies and plans that fully leverage the Dyson brand at the shop front level. The Consumer Retail Operations Manager will also manage the team that develops and implements the Dyson field labor coverage model, ensuring we are making the right decisions and are grounded in data to drive towards our Sales ambitions.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, with the DC07 vacuum cleaner. Within 2 years, it was market share leader. Now, the US team is nearly 1,000 strong, with offices in Chicago, IL; Aurora, IL; San Francisco, CA; and Dyson people around the entire country. And we are still growing. Dyson US is poised to double its footprint, and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is fired up!
Always evolving, always challenging, our Sales teams are the connection between Dyson and the fast-paced world of consumer and business sales. Across our global markets, we partner all the key players – online and on the high street. Plus, recently our first Dyson store was launched, with many more to come. It gives us a new benchmark for Dyson retail standards – elevating the brand and inspiring new ways to put Dyson technology into people's homes.
In this position, this individual will oversee a team that will drive the following:
- Work as a key business partner to field leadership to support and oversee labor who promote Dyson products in retail stores. Create, implement, and manage all aspects of labor strategy and management including scope, budget, return on investment analysis and day-to-day oversight;
- Works closely with the Dyson merchandising team to support for the successful installation and on-going maintenance of Dyson retail displays
- Provide analytics and sales performance reporting to the field team on a regular basis. Support ad hoc analytics and return on investment calculations to support optimization of our field support model
- Collaborate with field team leadership and training resources for the coordination and oversight of events and training in retail
- Responsible for managing the flow of data and information to field sell-out personnel and the flow of critical field intelligence back to headquarters
- Is the primary point of contact for sales and merchandising operations partners at key retail partners
Ongoing Partnership with Sales and Marketing Teams
- Partner with the field sales team to share results in a meaningful way, relating to their roles
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with accounts to achieve company's best position
- Partner with accounts to help understand how sell-out teams are driving their business
Contribute to Dyson success
- Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience with specific retail shopfront experience preferred OR experience in retail operations function
- College degree, B.S. preferred
- 2-3 years of experience managing direct reports
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft suite – word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and, in particular, Excel
- Detail-Orientation: Ability to get into details to the level of specific tasks and timing
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify risks and see dependencies
- Communication and Collaboration Skills: ability to work internally with team members as well as externally with individual project managers to shape strategy and plans, identify issues and shift plans appropriately
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability and Flexibility: Extreme comfort with operating in ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work with core team as well as cross-functional teams
- Ability to understand business drivers and make recommendations for action
- An innovative yet objective thinker
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization with positive intent
- Travel requirement: 25%