Consumer Retail Operations Planner
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
The Consumer Retail Operations Planner provides actionable reporting and insight into our sales-out business. Seek to define when, where and how we invest to efficiently grow our sales-out business. Work collaboratively with Sell-out, National Accounts and Marketing to enable clear communication and execute priorities.
But Dyson US is still growing. It’s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team are truly fired up.
Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals.
· Provide on-going retail sales reporting and analysis for the field sales and regional teams
- Collect and distribute weekly sales results
- Provide analysis and feedback on pricing and promotion strategy
- Provide on-going competitor insights that impact strategy and category profitability
- Generate statistical reports and analyse information
· Deliver assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
· Manage funds and resources for the best return on investment; analyze data and implement high quality solutions and actions to drive business proactively with customer or team
· Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with accounts to achieve company's best position
· Monitor retailer sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
Develop and manage relationships and processes with internal business partners.
· Seek out decision makers and influencers. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the business
Accountability for all business processes related to the position, for
example accounts receivable, legal, customer service, and all related
administrative due diligence
Plan, develop, and manage relationships with retailers, current and new.
· Represent Dyson to the trade; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson values with business partners and emerging businesses
· Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best manage the business. Create positive working relationships across all levels of their organizations
· Comprehensive knowledge of customers and channels; ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally
· Execute plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement including negotiating contracts and various programs with customers
· Develop new customers and business channels as needed
· Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action
Contribute to the US Sales team.
· Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
· Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
· Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
Fulfill other duties as necessary.
· Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
· Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
· Identify problems and find solutions
· Bachelor’s degree required; business major preferred
· 2+ years in an analyst role preferred
· Prior experience working with a sales function is a plus
· Experience working with IRI or Nielsen data preferred
· Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and Outlook is required
· SAP experience is a plus
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong communication skills
· Shrewd-Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
· Ingenious - An innovative yet objective thinker
· Attuned – ability to communicate with all levels of the organization with positive intent