Consumer Retail Operations Planner - Communications
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
To provide actionable reporting, tools and insight to drive our sales-out business. The Consumer Retail Operations Planner for Communications and Insights is responsible for managing the flow of data and information to Sell-out personnel and the flow of critical insights and intelligence back to headquarters. To be done by consolidating category and account performance, priorities and translating them into clear, execution plans. Partnering with Sales, Marketing and Finance, driving execution of priorities, enabling clear communication across the organization and closing loop through quantitative and qualitative insight is key.
But Dyson US is still growing. It’s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team are truly fired up.
Provide Communication and Insight across the business
- Take the lead in providing on-going communication to the Sell-out, Sales and Category Marketing teams
- Share and discuss weekly sales results and priorities
- Provide feedback and insights from the Sell-out team that impact strategy and category profitability
- Work with the Sales team to seek new opportunities to drive sales; gain consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans and negotiate with accounts to achieve company's best position
- Comprehensive knowledge of customers and channels; ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally
Manage Sales Productivity Tools
- Act as subject matter expert on the Sales Force communications application
- Partner with application vendor(s) to develop their roadmaps aligned with our needs
- Develop adoption and training tools for wider business
- Manage content in internal collaboration tools (ie. Sharepoint)
- Partner with Group IT to continually innovate; provide insight on business needs and ideas
- Influence the wider business to trial and adopt best tools for the team
- Make Dyson US a leader for Sell-out infrastructure and tools
Develop and manage relationships and processes with internal and external business partners.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the business
- Represent Dyson in Retail; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson values with business partners and emerging businesses
- Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action
Exhibits high learning agility and teamwork
- Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
- Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
Fulfill other duties as necessary.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s degree required; business major preferred
- 2+ years Retail experience preferred
- Prior experience working with a sales function preferred
- Experience working with Sales force productivity tools preferred
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand high level strategy but get into the detail
- Ability to pick out key insights
- Consistent in establishing collaborative relationships
- Strong problem-solving skills