Content Strategist - Creative
£Competitive + Bonus + Pension + Private Health / Dental + 27 days holiday + Free onsite gym
The Content Creative Strategist will develop our strategy, with a strong understanding of creative to deliver content (created by the CoE, Global and third parties) to our audience across all platforms—with a focus on constant experimentation and thoughtful recalibration based on findings. The role requires strong analytical skills, excellent communication between teams, and an interest in the technology, innovation, a fascination with effective creative and editorial worlds. A successful Creative Strategist will smartly analyse digital performance and devise a future roadmap in accordance.
The Content Strategist will understand the critical role that content plays within the company - and be able to communicate this to stakeholders across the business. They will work closely with consumer insights, content makers, writers, and analytics experts, category marketing teams to ensure that projects are executed efficiently and deliver the desired results
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention. Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard earned Reputation. And every contact with our public contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
Dyson is bolstering the Group content team to bring to life the global approach to communication globally. The content created within the regions will be data-driven, user-centric, always-on and relevant to each region/market. The content will strive to create a Smile, Nod Share moment to connect with consumers in a space where they are not necessarily in a purchase mind set. We need a content strategist to help bring together all content sources to develop strategies to implement the right message to the right person at the right time, which will build and contribute to our customers’ Dyson Experience.
- Develop and manage a deep editorial calendar of content for various marketing channels and forms, e.g. blogs, articles, emails, social media, newsletters, etc
- Understand Dyson’s values and our ‘engineering first’ ethos, so that any content recommendation will help to build the Dyson image and experience
- Evaluate third party content resources to determine how content can feed the Dyson-owned editorial calendar.
- Review all content sources and formalize strategic recommendations and gaps in content and author briefs for new content utilizing consumer insights and learnings
- Guide creative content teams on developing the right type of communication for each digital and social channel
- Work with internal resources and team to develop approach for social listening and responsive content
- Partner with analytics team to evaluate content and content marketing campaigns to measure performance and determine success
- Stay on top of the latest content marketing best practices and become an internal evangelist.
You will know that quality content is at the heart of every successful marketing strategy. You believe in the power of storytelling to engage audiences, change perceptions, and create customer demand. You thrive at guiding the content creation process, from idea to delivery.
- Fully understand Digital and Digital Content with ability to distinguish the good content from the noise
- 8-10 years in a content management role (marketing, editorial, or communications)
- Approach growth like an entrepreneur - this role will have freedom to innovate and create a new path for creative content marketing
- Proactive, problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of best practices for content audits and editorial calendars
- Basic understanding content metrics/KPIs and ability to work with data analyst on developing KPI and measuring success
Be able to listen to multiple viewpoints – prioritise. Distill requirements to form strong briefs to produce large volumes of copy, imagery, video and animation assets.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Aaron.Beider@dyson.com or apply now to be considered for this position. Due to business demand, the closing date for applications is February 28th, 2018. First stage interviews will commence swiftly post this date, so flexibility to accommodate this would be helpful.