Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials.
Dyson is building a regional content team to bring to life the global approach to communication at the regional level. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our Commercial Center of Excellence for the Americas. The content created within the regions will data-driven, user-centric, always-on and relatable to consumers across the Americas – US, Canada and Mexico. Dyson is seeking a Content Writer to contribute to the company’s digital content marketing activities.
The position will require someone who has exceptional writing and content creation skills expressed through the lens of a well-defined brand.
- Write a broad range of creative and compelling communications for all Dyson categories. Content could include social content (video and all social formats), SEO, display, website, social media posts, and more
- Ability to develop distinct copy within digital video, display and social to resonate with specific target audiences, while maintaining the overarching Dyson story
- Work with content makers, designers, strategists, producers and other team members to flesh out the creative development of social media ideas and tactical executions
- Develop original concepts and executions with the intention of sparking conversation and engagement in the social media space. These ideas can be published across various social media channels, published through influencer channels, or may transcend social media, digital and traditional advertising.
- Ongoing development of new ideas, creative concepts, headlines, video scripts, social posts and various other forms of online/offline storytelling
- In all social media-specific concepts, be sure to understand various execution formats and incorporate creative/copy/layout best practices for various social media networks including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Remain current on industry, cultural, and technology trends, and look for opportunities to incorporate them into your creative concepts
- Write video-based story ideas with the complete understanding of the types of video formats that work best across various social networks (live, short-form, long-form, tap for audio, etc.)
- Responsible for editing and proofing materials during all project phases
- Wear multiple hats: depending on your skills, there will be times when you will have to drive the creative process by playing multiple roles throughout conception and execution phases
· 5-8 years of copywriting experience in an agency or related field (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations)
- Must be self-motivated, hardworking, well organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables
- Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in marketing, technology, interaction and social media
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced
- blogging, journalism, social community management, filmmaking, videography, editorial, art direction, design, illustration, photography