Continuous Improvement Specialist
Senai, Johor - Malaysia
Involvement in the implementation of a Continuous-Improvement Program.
• Clearly defines program objectives and scope.
• Secures employee commitment for proactive change management.
• Appropriately implements principles of governance. Evaluates and prioritizes potential improvements based on
gains and required effort.
• Establishes a clear and well-articulated implementation plan.
• Establishes criteria for the project’s success and prepares a sound statement of constraints.
• Realistically defines specific project charters.
• Resolves technical problems - formulation, equipment, product, interpretation of regulations and resource
• Implements performance indicators and establishes focus groups.
• Appropriately verifies the sustainability of these measures.
Management of Continuous-Improvement Project.
• Conducts a detailed analysis of the current situation and accurately describes the issues.
• Identifies intervention priorities and indicators.
• Secures commitment from process managers and mobilizes other involved parties.
• Specifies deliverables, outcome indicators, and performance-measurement indicators.
• Identifies available resources: people, material, finances, etc.
• Clearly identifies team members and associates, and clarifies their roles and responsibilities.
• Maps out in detail the desired situation.
• Analyses and identifies gaps.
• Clearly and rigorously defines methodology.
• Accurately analyses options as well as their impact and feasibility.
• Specifies obstacles and ways to overcome them from the perspective of continuous improvement.
• Regularly monitors the implementation of solutions to achieve objectives and expected benefits.
Advisory Role and Change Management Support.
• Scrupulously analyses the issues pertaining to a project’s intent, deliverables, and leadership.
• Provides managers with sound advice and support in developing communication strategies.
• Realistically identifies issues and program obstacles.
• Appropriately investigates or analyses constraints and compromises.
• Develops and drafts an action plan tailored to the continuous-improvement project.
• Accurately identifies training needs.
• Imparts relevant work methods and tools.
• Ensures that personnel from concerned departments receive appropriate training or coaching.
• Provides appropriate support to department managers in maintaining implementation of the continuous-
improvement initiatives within their respective sectors.
Key Skills / Experience
Knowledge Areas and Competencies:
• Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
• Ability to weigh and manage priorities.
• Analytical and synthesis skills.
• Flexibility and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships.
• Ability to influence decision-making.
• Delivers on time.
• Organizational skills and ability to multitask (work on several projects at once).
• Proficiency in commonly used and specialized software.
• Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Business or other related field of study.
• 5 years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma preferable
• Holder of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
• A formal Project Management qualification is desirable but not essential
• Incumbent to have manufacturing or product experience.
• Proven experience of leading successful teams and managing projects on time, to specification and within cost
• Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing techniques and limitations is desirable.