Control Engineer - Robotics Research
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus
This is an opportunity to join Dyson's ambitious robotics research programme where you will help develop novel grasping and manipulation technology. The technology you develop will feed into Dyson’s future autonomous and intelligent consumer products. You will work in a multi-disciplinary environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
Advanced robotics will change the world of engineering for good. At Dyson, we’ve been developing robot technology for over 15 years – 200 engineers, 420 patents and £28m has already gone into our first robot vacuum. But our Dyson 360 Eye™ robot is just the start. The team is advancing the systems that make our robots more intelligent – able to understand environments and navigate with complex sensors and algorithms. There’s more to discover. The future is robotic. All Dyson products will be part of the internet of things. And our Robotics team is helping us to unveil this next generation.
Join a growing team working to put useful robotic systems into the homes of the general public. We are looking for people to help us investigate robust solutions to diverse real-world problems in machine perception, actuation, or intelligence. The role involves the research and development of systems for Dyson’s future autonomous and intelligent products. Successful candidates will be working in a supportive environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
- Implement software, algorithms and control strategies for grasping and manipulation
- Implement software, algorithms and control strategies for wheeled, and other locomotion platform
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to generate novel solutions and implementations
- PhD (or equivalent industrial experience) in control algorithms applied to practical problems relevant to robotic motion planning, kinematics, probabilistic control or real-time physical platforms
- Strong software implementation skills
- Motion Control
- Trajectory Optimisation
- Model Predictive Control
- Nonlinear Optimisation
- Strong C++ and Python experience
- Knowledge of existing robotics and control software frameworks (e.g. ROS, MoveIt)
- Understanding of systems design and integration.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.