Copy Database Manager
The Graphics and Packaging team is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for creative development, project management, production, and lifecycle management of all Graphics & Packaging material used in the manufacturing of every Dyson product.
The team works closely with Product Marketing, Creative Services, Engineering and Manufacturing teams around the world to ensure we deliver effective, innovative solutions to Dyson’s Graphics & Packaging needs.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
For a Dyson engineer, breaking the rules is part of the job. It’s what makes our products different. But the next great Dyson idea can’t change the world from a lab. To ensure our machines can be sold, there are some rules we need to stick to. From reviewing initial concepts to testing final components in our accredited test laboratories, our Compliance and Approvals team is a critical voice during the design phase. By making sure Dyson product are never kept off the shelf by global standards and legislation, we play vital role in supporting the growth of Dyson.
- Responsible for the generation and management of Copy and Translation assets, covering all NPD launch projects, CPM changes, NPI range extensions and Exclusives.
- Co-ordinate and collaborate with all teams in Operations, Product Marketing and RDD to ensure efficient, effective and timely delivery.
- Ensure the team follow established business processes and achieve the highest quality standards, within the boundaries of time, specification, and budget. Be responsible for the approach, quality, and accuracy of the team’s work. Lead by example, encouraging the continuous improvement of process and efficiencies.
- Manage and maintain a hands-on role to ensure that all conflicts are resolved thoroughly. Proactively escalate and clearly communicate issues, as well as driving, developing and implementing resolutions.
- Report and present accurate information to management team via board report and other agreed channels. Analysis of team performance in productivity & quality, and develop measurable long-term plans for quarterly activity.
- Lead, support, inspire, and challenge your team of Editors and Co-ordinators to ensure the development of a high performing team.
- Experience of database management, and asset management is desired, a logical thinker, conversant with systems.
- Strong working knowledge of InDesign, and managing metadata.
- Strong project management skills: planning, risk management, status reporting, analysis, stakeholder & resource management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: engaging and fostering productive working relationships and influence at all levels.
- Analytical and Holistic: assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions with conviction.
- Confident communicator: convey complex issues concisely and accurately, with clarity.
- Credible: demonstrate a solid level of understanding of processes, to proactively collaborate with the wider cross-functional teams throughout the development cycle.
- Leadership: deliver a clear vision of priorities, strategies and accountabilities across the team. Drive performance, promote excellence, and motivate through empowerment.
- Pragmatic and decisive: make the right decisions at the right time, and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Experienced in leading successful teams and managing projects on time, to specification and within cost constraints
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.