Copy Database Manager
- The Graphics and Packaging team is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for creative development, project management, production, and lifecycle management of all Graphics & Packaging material used in the manufacturing of every Dyson product.
- The team works closely with Product Marketing, Creative Services, Engineering and Manufacturing teams around the world to ensure we deliver effective, innovative solutions to Dyson’s Graphics & Packaging needs.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
For a Dyson engineer, breaking the rules is part of the job. It’s what makes our products different. But the next great Dyson idea can’t change the world from a lab. To ensure our machines can be sold, there are some rules we need to stick to. From reviewing initial concepts to testing final components in our accredited test laboratories, our Compliance and Approvals team is a critical voice during the design phase. By making sure Dyson product are never kept off the shelf by global standards and legislation, we play vital role in supporting the growth of Dyson.
- Responsible for the generation and management of Copy and Translation assets, covering all NPD launch projects, CPM changes, NPI range extensions and Exclusives.
- Co-ordinate and collaborate with all teams in Operations, Product Marketing and RDD to ensure efficient, effective and timely delivery.
- Ensure the team follow established business processes and achieve the highest quality standards, within the boundaries of time, specification, and budget. Be responsible for the approach, quality, and accuracy of the team’s work. Lead by example, encouraging the continuous improvement of process and efficiencies.
- Manage and maintain a hands-on role to ensure that all conflicts are resolved thoroughly. Proactively escalate and clearly communicate issues, as well as driving, developing and implementing resolutions.
- Report and present accurate information to management team via board report and other agreed channels. Analysis of team performance in productivity & quality, and develop measurable long-term plans for quarterly activity.
- Lead, support, inspire, and challenge your team of Editors and Co-ordinators to ensure the development of a high performing team.
- Experience of database management, and asset management is desired, a logical thinker, conversant with systems.
- Strong working knowledge of InDesign, and managing metadata.
- Strong project management skills: planning, risk management, status reporting, analysis, stakeholder & resource management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: engaging and fostering productive working relationships and influence at all levels.
- Analytical and Holistic: assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions with conviction.
- Confident communicator: convey complex issues concisely and accurately, with clarity.
- Credible: demonstrate a solid level of understanding of processes, to proactively collaborate with the wider cross-functional teams throughout the development cycle.
- Leadership: deliver a clear vision of priorities, strategies and accountabilities across the team. Drive performance, promote excellence, and motivate through empowerment.
- Pragmatic and decisive: make the right decisions at the right time, and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Experienced in leading successful teams and managing projects on time, to specification and within cost constraints
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines