Creative Content Writer, CoE
£Competitive + Bonus + 27 days holiday + Pension
As a Social / Creative Content Writer, you’ll be working as part of a team of strategists, creatives, copywriters and producers to develop content for Dyson’s digital channels around the globe. You’ll be generating digital creative concepts for product launches and tactical marketing campaigns. Designing content that’s always shareable and appealing to a defined audience – whether it’s via an infographic or a storyboard for a Facebook video. Shaping the stories Dyson tells and the way in which it tells them. Mixing data, audience insight and creative best practice to ensure Dyson’s digital content brings our technology to life in a way that resonates with our audiences.
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention. Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard earned Reputation. And every contact with our public contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
The goal of the digital content team is to deliver the Dyson technologies and brand in a dynamic and consistent way across all our digital channels globally. From launching new technologies on the world stage to helping markets deliver local tactical campaigns, we create memorable integrated experiences to captivate and inform both new and existing consumers. Through our digital content, we aim to stimulate positive action in the audience. Whether it be researching our technology, purchasing a machine, engaging with the brand in social, or helping troubleshoot an issue, our creative solutions aim to deliver compelling platforms to build and strengthen brand loyalty.
• Concepting, writing and refining digital creative assets to meet briefs from Dyson teams globally and within the region.
• Presenting work to brief owners and stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments.
• Working alongside Content Strategists, film creators and designers to generate ideas for cross-channel digital campaigns and executions.
• Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience of writing and creating digital content for a brand – especially social media assets
• Experience of working on specific European market social media and ecommerce platforms; Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and Pinterest
• Excellent understanding of creative design principles and processes, as well as a deep understanding of what makes good content perform and some exposure to performance and analytical tools such as Google Analytics
• Experience in developing localised versions of globally created brand assets – capacity to effectively transcreate whilst maintaining the integrity and intent of the original concept
• Ability to quickly develop an understanding of Dyson, its engineering ethos and visual identity and have good judgement as to what makes good Dyson communication and what doesn’t.
• A thirst for Dyson’s competitive communication approach – being on the lookout for ways to highlight our competitor’s shortfalls.
• Ability to question a brief and highlight key creative challenges or opportunities
• Ability to work calmly under pressure, solve problems efficiently, and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong team player, approachable and supportive.
• Excellent English writing skills is a must, if you speak another language this would be advantageous, but not essential
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Aaron.Beider@dyson.com or apply now to be considered for this position. Due to business demand, the closing date for applications is February 28th, 2018. First stage interviews will commence swiftly post this date, so flexibility to accommodate this would be helpful.
Further information about Dyson is available at our website www.careers.dyson.com