£Competitive + Bonus + Pension + Free Gym +27 days holiday
We need a Copywriter to work in the Owner Engagement team. You’ll work collaboratively with project managers, digital designers, other copywriters and commercial teams, to write copy for a range of digital platforms.
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention.
Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard-earned reputation. And every contact with our public contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
Our Owner Engagement programme allows us to use technology and data intelligently, to talk to the right owners, with the right message, at the right time. Whether we’re communicating with them by email, our contact centre, or online.
The first stage is to embed our data into the programme, and use these insights to change the way we email our owners. Then we implement this across other channels and markets. Throughout, we use a ‘test and learn’ methodology, with learnings feeding optimisation – honing the message, the channel and the timing of communications.
As a dedicated copywriter for the Owner Engagement programme, you’ll be responsible for:
- Turning Dyson messaging into unique, original digital content that makes our target audience smile, nod or share. You’ll help to form the content strategy for Dyson – across every aspect of the business.
- You must be able to analyse test observations and data and turn it into copy that communicates the right messages, but also presents them in a ‘Dyson’ way.
- Working alongside our Content Makers to ideate and develop digital creative assets to meet briefs from Dyson teams worldwide.
- Analysing and exploring data from social media to shape deep, actionable insights that inform creative ideas.
- Presenting work to brief owners and stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments.
- Working alongside Content Strategists to generate ideas for cross-channel digital campaigns and executions.
Excellent copywriting, editing, and literacy skills including spelling and grammar.
With 5+ years of experience in a reputable creative agency, in-house team or with a proven track record of work as a freelance writer. You’ll have demonstrable evidence of delivering work that forms part of impactful, integrated campaigns.
You’ll have an inherent skill for storytelling and understand narrative structure as a means to engage and absorb people on a human level.
You’ll have proven ability to understand and interpret background information and to generate strong insights into the various target audiences for whom your work needs to connect with.
You’ll have experience of writing for different types of media – print, digital, retail, customer engagement etc.
With excellent organisational skills and an ability to juggle several projects at once; you’ll be able to run projects on your own, but also to be able to take direction and work effectively as part of a wider team.
You’ll have a competitive spirit and a dogged perseverance that makes you a self-motivating, creative writing machine!
You’ll have an obsessive eye for detail.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a company bonus, pension, free on-site gym and 27 days annual leave. For those not wishing to drive to Malmesbury there is also a subsidised Dyson Bus, which operates from locations in Swindon, Bristol and Chippenham. Financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.