£Competitive + Bonus + Pension + Private Health + Free Gym +27 days holiday
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention.
Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard earned Reputation.
And every contact with our public contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
Dyson HQ, is tucked away in the Wiltshire countryside, our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The growing campus is the heartbeat of Dyson. Benefitting from an onsite Gym, sports pitch, multiple cafes and a nature walk. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world
The ‘Integrated Campaign Team’ is one of three core teams in the ‘Dyson Experience Group’. Its central role is to take product and/or market specific visual communications strategies from the Product Visual Communications Team and create fully integrated campaigns that populate all consumer journey touch points, on paper, on TV, in digital, and outdoor.
The scope of work delivers copy for all Dyson products, in one or two of our product categories.
Writing and editing copy for campaigns above and below the line, across all media. You’ll work in a team with a specific advertising function, including an advertising copywriter and your work should complement theirs (and vice versa) to form a truly seamless campaign. You’ll also take responsibility for the basics: grammar, spell checking and proofing jobs prior to external production/publishing.
You’ll be required to develop campaign copy that is compelling, competitive, technically accurate and legally substantiated. Your writing should have an effortless simplicity yet still intrigue and enlighten. All Dyson copy should be based in fact, scientific principles and clear consumer benefits, not marketing jargon or spin.
Nature of work includes, but is not limited to; digital media, sales kits, presentations, retail communications – for product packaging, retail fixtures, brochures and other in-store communications. You will work in category specific teams, collaborating with creatives from other media channels and commercial managers to build truly inspiring, fully integrated campaigns seen by millions of customers world-wide.
1. Building a thorough understanding of the Dyson story – our heritage, our philosophy, how we talk about ourselves.
2. Interrogating and interpreting creative briefs to establish solid foundations for all of your work.
3. Ensuring a thorough understanding of the products and technologies that you’re writing about.
4. Collaborating closely with your commercial colleagues to ensure that you fully understand the product comms strategy for each campaign.
5. Working across a range of media to create copy that builds convincing, cohesive campaigns.
6. Working with other media channel teams and creatives to ensure integration across all outputs.
7. Collaboration with Commercial, Legal and Performance team colleagues to create solutions that are robust and accurate.
8. Working under the direction of the head of copy, you’ll contribute to the overall tone of voice for Dyson copy and ensure that this is maintained across all campaign executions.
9. Adapting your approach for different types of media and copy requirements – from print to retail to digital. Sometimes, you will be required to write with brevity, sometimes with more detail. Sometimes, you’ll need to be able to communicate in simple language and other times to write with a more scientific or technical bias.
10. Proof reading and spell checking of all final copy, including checking for grammatical accuracy prior to final production.
11. Sharing your passion for good writing with the broader team – establishing excellence as the norm and helping to set the standards for all copy.
12. Ensuring all work is in line with Dyson brand values and follows the relevant brand and design guidelines.
Excellent copywriting, editing, and literacy skills including spelling and grammar.
You’ll be an imaginative, dynamic writer with an avid interest in culture, art and design and capable of drawing reference and inspiration from a wide range of sources and interests.
You’ll have an inherent skill for storytelling and understand narrative structure as a means to engage and absorb people on a human level.
You’ll have proven ability to understand and interpret background information and to generate strong insights into the various target audiences for whom your work needs to connect with.
You’ll have experience of writing for different types of media – print, digital, retail, customer engagement etc.
You’ll have a competitive spirit and a dogged perseverance that makes you a self-motivating, creative writing machine!
You’ll have an obsessive eye for detail.