Creative Head - Digital (12 month FTC)
£Competitive + Pension + Private Health + Bonus + 27 days holiday + Free onsite Gym
We need a Digital Creative Head to work within our Integrated Campaigns team. Reporting to the Category Creative Lead, you’ll work closely with a team of creatives and Commercial Managers to originate concepts and develop campaigns for all digital channels – websites, advertising, social media, CRM. You’ll work on integrated campaigns that connect our brand and products with our customers, communicating our mantra of first / better / only, and setting us apart from the competition.
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention. Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard earned Reputation. And every contact with our public contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
The ‘Integrated Campaign Team’ is one of three core teams in the ‘Dyson Experience Group’. Its central role is to take product and/or market specific visual communications strategies from the Product Visual Communications Team and create fully integrated campaigns that populate all consumer journey touch points. This includes populating the controlled digital infrastructures and templates that feed both Dyson indirect AND direct experiences; and populating the controlled physical infrastructures and templates that feed Dyson indirect experiences.
The scope of work delivers campaigns for all Dyson products, all product categories, all markets. The scope of the role requires you to create commercially effective, creatively brilliant digital work. Your creative solutions will work across multiple platforms and connect seamlessly with all other facets of the campaign, communicating our performance superiority, setting us apart from the competition and building a customer journey that is compelling and accessible. Working in a category specific team, you’ll collaborate with campaign and advertising creatives to develop concepts that present a consistent message, drive engagement and convert consideration to purchase. Working with dedicated developers, you’ll also be responsible for ensuring that the final build delivers your creative vision whilst being robust and fit for purpose. When required, you’ll also work with our in-house imagery and film teams to create the assets required to support our campaign executions across all digital outputs.
- Interrogating and interpreting creative briefs to establish solid foundations for all of your work
- Collaboration with Commercial to build an understanding of the commercial drivers that define our marketing activity
- Overall responsibility for all Digital creative output - bringing a fresh perspective to the design of interactive experiences
- Obsess over every touch point across the digital journey to ensure they are in-line with Dyson brand values
- Work directly with Category Creative Lead to brainstorm and share ideas with other creatives to create seamless and audacious digital concepts that deliver against commercial objectives
- Work with the Creative Head of Digital Strategy to define product digital creative strategy and translate into dynamic campaign directions through launch – also ongoing optimization, A/B testing and personalisation
- Direct and support the Digital creatives to deliver world-class creative against the defined strategy
- Responsible for review of creative at key milestones and sign-off where appropriate. Ensuring that your team’s work is of the required standard for any top-level reviews, including JDCR
- Whilst reporting into the Category Creative Head, also take creative direction from the Digital Creative Director to ensure consistency and coherence across all Dyson communications.
- Staying abreast of the digital landscape and looking for ways to implement advancements in technology & design, trends in social, connected products etc
- Build an understanding of the role of the User Experience Design Director and establish a collaborative working relationship that brings UX discipline to each of the touch campaign points that you and your team create
- The Dyson Link app is a fast evolving and complex extension of the product and shopper/ owner experience. Understand the vision, strategy and as much detail as possible for Link, and ensure that this is considered as an integrated element in comms and campaign development
- Develop and bring to bear an in-depth understanding of programmatic digital advertising and personalisation. Use this knowledge to create targeted creative
- Confidently present your work with clarity to stakeholders at all levels, underpinned by sound strategic rationale to support your creative proposition
- Continuous understanding of the technical capabilities available ensuring that deadlines are met and that all work is on-brand and on-brief
- Work with other Digital Creative Leads to share best practice, ideas and ensure consistency
- Day to day line management of your direct reports, taking responsibility for their career development and regular reviews of performance
Though you understand the constraints of digital development and build, you’re a creative first and foremost – you’re all about ideas. As such, you’ll be as at home with paper and pencil as you are with mouse and screen – able to quickly and intelligently articulate your ideas with sketches and scribbles. You’re a big picture thinker.
You have an inherent understanding of how digital creative connects to other media channels and forms a joined-up, compelling customer experience. You have experience of working as part of a wider team to deliver campaigns that work regardless of media, all of which is demonstrable through an excellent portfolio of past work gained over 7+ years working with leading or interesting brands.
You have in-depth knowledge, and experience, of designing responsive digital content that works across different devices (mobile, tablets, apps), as well as a good understanding of which platform works best for any given requirement.
You have an eye for detail and layout and typography matter as much to you as they would a print designer. You understand information architecture and can demonstrate user interface design skills. Basic programming / development skills are an advantage in informing the work you produce and facilitating the transition from design to build. A true ‘visual’ communicator, you’re excited by all things art and design and you find inspiration from a wide range of sources, utilising found images, mocked-up imagery and film, and mood boards to support your thinking and add weight to your ideas.
The other side of you is something of a digital obsessive and you have your finger on the pulse of the digital world – latest thinking and ideas, award-wining creative, trends and advancements.You’ll bring this knowledge to bear by looking for opportunities to expand Dyson’s thinking with regards to our digital output.
You’re an active contributor in group brainstorms and comfortable expressing your ideas, either informally, or in more formal presentations, both to peers and senior stakeholders.