Creative Head - New Product Innovation
- Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention.
- Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard earned Reputation. And every contact with our public contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
The ‘NPI (New Product Innovation) Creative team’ is a creative (design) team embedded within and collaborating with other NPI/NPD (New Product Development) teams - working upstream to rapidly conceptualize, prototype and deliver a broad range of UI concepts – unifying on-Product screens and graphics, app(s) and Out-of-box experiences – holistically. We work from the early stages of a new products design through to creating production ready assets and documentation for the final build to ensure the design vision is maintained from conception to delivery.
- Reporting to the NPI Creative Director you’ll originate creative UI concepts for all on-product screens and physical graphics, Apps, and Out-of-box/First use experiences that unify and strengthen the user interaction of our technology – setting us apart from the competition.
- Working with colleagues with specialist skills in HMI (Human/Machine Interaction), Connected and electronics, you’ll help to define creative direction and produce the graphic design assets required to bring our technology to life and create really outstanding product experiences.
- Interrogating and interpreting product features and behaviors to guide the direction of the creative.
- Responsibility for ensuring consistency of graphic language and creative execution across all product touchpoints.
- The ability to understand data and insights and how to use these to inform your creative work.
- Collaboration with Commercial to build an understanding of the commercial drivers that contribute to our creative solutions.
- Build a full understanding of our various markets around the world, their cultural nuances and consumer trends and habits.
- Hands-on graphic design work and detailed execution for a range of outputs, including on-product screens and graphics, product apps and out-of-box/first use collateral and content.
- Though you’ll likely have trained as a graphic designer, you’re a creative first and foremost – you’re all about ideas. As such, you’ll be as at home with paper and pencil as you are with mouse and screen – able to quickly and intelligently articulate your ideas with sketches and scribbles - You’re a big picture thinker.
- Once your thinking is developed and direction agreed, you’ll be able to take your ideas through the design development stage to produce beautifully crafted UI design – typography, colour composition – making use of relevant software packages (Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- A true ‘visual’ communicator, you’re excited by all things art and design and you find inspiration from a wide range of sources, utilising found images, mocked-up imagery and film, and mood boards to support your thinking and add weight to your ideas.
- You’re a natural leader in group brainstorms and comfortable expressing your ideas, either informally, or in more formal presentations, both to peers and senior stakeholders.
- You’re experienced in working with copywriters, photographers and filmmakers with the ability to direct their work to ensure the results you need. All of this will be demonstrable through an excellent portfolio of past work gained over 6+ years working with leading or interesting brands.