Temporary Credit Control Administrator
Up to £23,000 pa
To ensure Dyson is prepared to meet the challenges of an ever changing global economy the credit team has seen many changes over recent years; you will be part this continuing evolution and help ensure we continue to support growth throughout the business. The Group credit team are in the process of taking on increased responsibilities to support the our local European finance teams. In your role you will have an interesting set of responsibilities that will see you forging strong working relationships with wider Dyson colleagues and contributing to the continued success of our global credit performance.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
Our Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
- General administration to support the Credit Control/Accounts Receivable function. (e.g. Filing, archiving, sending documents, banking, etc.)
- Provide Administration support to the team in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Reconcile daily receipts/payments received to ensure all amounts are posted in a timely manner.
- Ensure postings are completed accurately and compliant with Cultivate and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Liaise with customers (internally and externally) to obtain documentation/paperwork as required and resolve overdues/open items. • Ensure departmental KPI’s are achieved or exceeded.
- Participate in the creation and publication of accounts receivable reports/KPI’s.
- Assist team members during peak periods and act as cover during periods of absence.
- Support dunning activities for the collection of debt. • Other ad-hoc duties as may be required by the Credit Control Supervisor.
- Preferably you will have a minimum of 2 years previous in a finance environment
- A structured approach to tasks, capable of working in a high volume/high value transactional environment and complying with audit and policy requirements.
- A “can do” attitude committed to the fast/accurate achievement of deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail being professional, methodical & disciplined in dealing with any task.
- Good organisational skills as you will need the ability to manage a busy/varied workload.
- A Good level of PC literacy with excellent keyboard/data entry skills (preferably with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, e.g. Word and Excel.
- Experienced in building relationships both with internal and external customers.
- Team player but also able to work unsupervised using own initiative.