Credit Control Supervisor
£28,000 - £35,000 + bonus + pension + 27days holiday + free on-site gym
This role offers a great opportunity to gain experience in a successful and experienced team of credit professionals. The focus on credit/cash collection has never been higher and in this role you have the chance to directly influence that. Successful and prompt debt collections contribute directly to the success of our business, credit management can be high pressure and it’s often a challenge but it’s seldom boring.
To ensure Dyson are prepared to meet the challenges of an ever changing global economy the credit team has seen many changes over recent years; this is your opportunity to be part of this continuing evolutionary process.
You will have an interesting and broad set of responsibilities that will see you managing credit controllers in their day to day payment/collection activities; resolving problems/queries; forging strong working relationships. As well as managing the credit controllers you may also be “hands on” in these activities.
- Support and manage the credit controllers by ensuring payments are received on time
- Be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the sales ledger by carrying out accurate reconciliation processes
- Cultivate and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Hold regular review meetings with credit controllers to monitor overdues, agree targets/objectives and support the resolution of matters needing escalation
- Provide credit specialist support to the wider Dyson business.
- Extensive previous credit management experience including supervising/ managing a team of credit controllers.
- A proven record of success in a relationship management focused role
- Strong knowledge of credit related accountancy practices, financial controls and complying with audit and policy requirements.
- Preferably CICM qualified (or part qualified and close to completing your studies)
- Experience of consumer and retail debt management is desirable as is a good knowledge of SAP.
- A high level of numeracy and PC literacy (including comprehensive Excel knowledge).
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proactive approach to developing and enhancing systems and processes.