Credit Controller -German speaker
£23,000 -£29,000 +Bonus + 27 days holiday + pension + free onsite gym
This role offers an opportunity to join a successful and experienced team of credit professionals.
The focus on credit/cash collection has never been higher and in this role you have the chance to directly influence that. Successful and prompt debt collections contribute directly to the success of our business, credit management can be high pressure and it’s often a challenge.
To ensure Dyson are prepared to meet the challenges of an ever changing global economy the credit team has seen many changes over recent years; you will be part this continuing evolution and help ensure we continue to support growth throughout the business.
The Group credit team are in the process of taking on increased responsibilities to support the our local European finance teams, In your role you will have an interesting set of responsibilities that will see you forging strong working relationships with wider Dyson colleagues and contributing to the continued success of our global credit performance.
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Within your role you would participate in the completion of daily/weekly/monthly debtor reports (e.g. cashflow report, overdue items list, etc.) to facilitate management reporting requirements and support ledger control mechanisms.
You would have experiance in maintaining good working relationships (with internal and external customers) to facilitate the prompt settlement of debt and the effective resolution of queries.
Understand the details of all overdue/queried items and proactively progress the resolution of them, ensuring either prompt payment is made or that the appropriate credit notes are raised and the debt is cleared.
Raise and process financial transactions (invoices, credits, journals, etc.) as necessary to manage all ledgers. Ensure these transactions are correct, accurate, fully authorised (in line with the required accounting standards) and posted in a timely manner.
Assist in the evolution of existing processes and procedures, and also the development and implementation of new ones.
- Fluent in German (written and verbal);
- Preferably you would have previous credit control experience in a relationship management focused role (i.e. this not a telephone collection role as the focus is more towards managing/resolving queries and debit notes to ensure prompt payment);
- Experiance of working in a high volume/high value transactional environment;
- Familiar with working in a financial accounting environment, complying with audit and policy requirements;
- Good level of accounting skills;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word and Excel).; and
- Knowledge of SAP or other major accounting systems is desirable.