£23,000 - £26,000 + 27 days holiday + Pension + Bonus + Onsite free gym
This role offers a great opportunity to join a successful and experienced team of credit professionals.The focus on credit/cash collection has never been higher and in this role you have the chance to directly influence that.
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
• To contribute to the success of the business by ensuring payments are received on time, eliminating overdues by resolving queries promptly and avoiding bad debts by diligent and prudent application of Dyson credit policies.
• Cultivate and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Employ company credit policy/procedures to maximise the successful collection of all debts by due dates (this will focus on telephone collection techniques but also utilise e-mail and dunning letters).
• Develop contacts with customers to facilitate the prompt settlement of debt and the effective resolution of queries.
• Ensure credit insurance rules are applied and adhered to, restricting/stopping supplies as appropriate, e.g. where debts are overdue or where other adverse factors are known.
• Hold regular review meetings with sales managers (all divisions), discussing the status of their accounts and agreeing a strategy/enlisting their support to resolve issues.
• Carry out the management, reconciliation and allocation of all credit accounts in SAP.
• Participate in the completion of weekly/monthly debtor reports (e.g. cashflow report, overdue items list, etc.) to facilitate management reporting requirements and support ledger control mechanisms.
• Assist in the evolution of existing processes and procedures, and also the development and implementation of new ones.
• To be proactive in the identification of SAP/procedural issues. Participate in the formulation and delivery of enhancements to working practices/systems to eliminate the re-occurrence of such matters.
• Preferably you will have a minimum of 2 years previous credit control experience in a relationship management focused role (i.e. this not a telephone collection role as the focus is more towards managing/resolving queries and debit notes to ensure prompt payment).
• Capable of working in a high value transactional environment.
• Experienced in building relationships with both internal and external customers..
• Good level of accounting skills.
• Good Excel skills
• Excellent ‘customer facing’ skills.
• Knowledge of SAP or other major accounting systems is desirable.
• Team player but also able to work unsupervised using own initiative.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Drive for results.