Customer Service Team Leader
$Competitive base + super + bonus
Auckland, New Zealand
You will be responsible for providing motivational leadership and coaching to a team of 10+ Customer Care representatives while driving continuous improvement of the Dyson Customer Experience.
We’re Dyson. A global technology enterprise. We're about better ideas and better technologies. It's about finding better ways with the right people to work with us. Reinventing as we go.
In 1993, James Dyson launched the first bagless vacuum cleaner. But a lot has changed since then. As we continue to grow, we’re exploring new frontiers and traversing the unknown.
In 2012 we were 3120 people. Today we're over 10,000. We transform every category we enter, such as our new entry into beauty and hair care via an impactful global launch of the world’s smartest hair dryer- Dyson Supersonic. Our future is bright and the next few years are set to be our busiest yet. 3000 new engineers. 100 new machines. Revolutionising new categories. All by 2020.
With New Zealand identified as a key growth market for Dyson, we are excited to be hiring new roles across Sales, Marketing and Customer Service to support our ambitious plans.
Join us to help shape our future. And yours
Our Customer Care team exemplifies Dyson’s problem-solving ethos. There’s no query our teams can’t answer. And there’s no fault our Service technicians can’t fix. Driven to turn owners into passionate advocates of the brand, our team makes each experience rewarding. It requires in-depth knowledge and genuine passion for Dyson technology. So we never miss an opportunity to talk about Dyson’s latest technology – and sell products as well as solve problems. Responding to calls, emails, online enquiries and social media, our team is constantly evolving to give better service to Dyson customers.
As the Customer Care Team Lead you will work from our Customer Care Centre in Auckland and report into the Head of Customer Care. You will be responsible for providing motivational leadership and coaching to a team of 10+ Customer Care representatives while driving continuous improvement of the Dyson Customer Experience.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Providing daily direction and support to employees through: floor walking, call monitoring, coaching, training, performance management
- Handle escalated calls, complaints, and queries as necessary and investigate matters and feedback results of investigations to the relevant staff member and Head of Customer Care
- Deliver exceptional customer service and team engagement
- Build strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Provide proactive problem solving by evaluating processes and procedures and making recommendations for improvements
You are a great people person known for engaging, leading and motivating your team with energy and enthusiasm. You are a self-starter with a healthy sense of urgency who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Your experience in leading a phone based customer service team strong systems/process knowledge will help you to be successful in this role.
To be successful you will also require:
- Experience in consumer focused business
- Ability to train, communicate, manage and motivate people at all levels and personalities
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent computer literacy including Excel and SAP CRM (preferred)
- Opportunity to be part of a team of people that are truly passionate about Dyson’s purpose, and believe in the products they are helping bring to life that genuinely make people’s lives better, healthier and more beautiful
- Chance to put your stamp on the establishment of the Dyson business in New Zealand
- Access to a global network of professionals to learn from and collaborate with
- An extensive pipeline of new technology to bring to market
- A vibrant, diverse company culture, and exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition
- The latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit
Start Date for this role: April 23rd, 2018
Office location: Mount Wellington