- You will be joining a successful and growing team who are responsible for product development reporting and analytics on a global scale, supporting over 2500 technicians, scientists, engineers, and analysts worldwide.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Data Analyst who would like to further their career within a flourishing technology company. With a combination of hands-on experience and dedicated training we will offer you the chance to develop your skills.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
At any one time, Dyson are working on a wide variety of different projects. To assist the thousands of technicians, scientists, engineers, and analysts worldwide, we provide up-to-date dashboards and KPIs which aim to facilitate data-driven decisions. We engage with key business stakeholders directly, relentlessly improving our reporting portfolio and data model.
- The Data Analyst will be jointly responsible for the ownership of the RDD Product Development Data Model. This set of responsibilities will include maintaining and supporting our portfolio of reports, providing assistance and consultation to our stakeholders directly, and troubleshooting data errors and inconsistencies.
- You will need to become proficient in the use of a number of different applications and tools, and develop a deep understanding of the business data structures.
- The role will also involve liaising with various business functions, including the central IT department, to facilitate the implementation of solutions which satisfy the changing requirements of RDD.
- Experience in a Business Intelligence / Data Analysis role.
- Experience querying and manipulating large and complex data sets.
- Good understanding of data reporting / dashboarding applications and principles.
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Degree-level education in computing, mathematics, or engineering sciences.
- Intermediate-level T-SQL experience.
- Knowledge of the SQL Server Stack (SSMS, SSIS particularly).
- Experience working with the Tableau BI platform.
- Proficient in the use of Visual Basic for Applications and Python.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines