£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
This role sits within the Optimisation team of our automotive function.
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 650 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
- Become integrated into various areas of the design team to manage the Bill of Material structure and attributes.
- Provide support around generating Teamcentre items and maintaining links between BoM variations, including involvement in the workflow sign off procedures. •Working with the key system stakeholders to ensure consistency and accuracy across multiple systems.
- Review data and processes to ensure the BoM is constantly and consistently in a state of completeness relative to development stages.
- Reporting at varying levels to the wider programme management groups and key stakeholders.
- Ensuring data accuracy and consistency regarding requirements, test requests and reports in Teamcentre Engineering.
- Degree (design, engineering and manufacturing preferable) or equivalent
- Experience in Bill of Material generation and maintenance.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrable appreciation of PLM software.
- Familiarity with OEM systems desirable.
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis.
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.