Data Insight Analyst – Connected Products
• Extract, Transform and Analyse data from different data sources (e.g. SQL databases, AWS, Google Analytics) before presenting/ communicating it to key stakeholders.
• Look for “insights”, analysing and interpreting data, focusing on those that prompt actions and provide business meaning
• Run, maintain and develop current ‘Connected’ reports, providing commentaries where appropriate
• Identify opportunities to enrich existing data sets or reports with new data feeds
• Develop new reports/dashboards that add value across different business functions.
• Work with IT to help define and implement the best technical approaches.
• High degree of numeracy and confidence with the techniques of analysis in large data sets.
• Ability to use SQL to query large data sets
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience presenting data in Data Visualisation Software packages (e.g. Tableau/ Qlik)
• Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills; ability to communicate complex ideas and data simply.
• Flexibility to change priorities quickly and deliver simultaneously across projects of different priorities and pace
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services and some of its key services (Redshift, Dynamo db)
• Experience of using Cloud databases and analytic packages
• Experience with Google Analytics
• Familiarity with using APIs to extract data/ information from external data sources
• Competent programming with a scripting language (eg Python)